Thursday, October 22, 2015

Top Heat Protectors For Blow Dryer And Flat Iron Users

Photo: Farouk
Every day I wash and blow dry my hair. Some days I also get out my flat iron to eliminate frizz. If you apply heat to your locks daily like I do, it is essential for the health of your hair to use a spray on/leave in hair protector before you blast and fry your locks dry.

Usually I don't like styling products in my hair. What's the point of a wash if your hair feels stiff from mousse, gels and volumizers? So I don't use them. The one exception is a heat protector:

My favorite is Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer. While it guards against heat damage during a blow dry, I can't feel the product in my hair. It leaves my hair clean, soft and shiny. It seems to reduce frizz too. On windy days, I also spray it on dry hair to get out tangles. 

Garnier's Frutis Style Flat Iron Perfector is another effective spray-on treatment. It's a close second only because I do feel product coating my mop of fine hair after a blow dry. For coarse hair, this may not be the case. Containing argon oil, it is sold as a straightening mist. The spray tames frizz and leaves hair looking sleek.

Choice is good! Tresemme (about $6.50 for 8 ounces) is slightly more expensive than Garnier (about $3.50 for 6 ounces), but both are sold at the corner drug store where there is often a 2 for 1 deal, so you can try them both to decide which is best for the texture of your hair. Thereafter, you can benefit when one of them goes on sale.Emoji

You may also enjoy:
Best Oils For Skin, Hair And Nails
Shea Moisture Beauty For Everybody
Where Value And Convenience Converge
Cheap Botanical Beauty For Body And Hair

No comments:

Post a Comment