Thursday, June 11, 2015

Sydney Evans Jewelry

14k rose gold ruby lips ring
Working with diamonds, rubies, sapphires and gold, Rosanne Karnes is the designer and creative force behind Sidney Evans, a fine jewelry line. She uses cultural symbols, spirituality and humor as her inspiration. The expertly crafted rings, earrings, bracelets and necklaces have a hip, modern aesthetic.
Blue ring: 18K gold, diamonds and turquoise
I have two jewelry quirks. They are quirks because there is no right or wrong when it comes to buying jewelry, only personal preferences. My quirks are: 1) I only what fine jewelry (platinum, gold or silver); and 2) I never pay big bucks for costume jewelry and usually don't want it.

So I can appreciate a jeweler who uses real 14k-18k gold and precious gems to create her line. Major department stores like Macy's, Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom carry her. That's a plus because sometimes department stores run jewelry sales.
Resurrecting this ring from my Halloween blog
Another revelation ... if I were a millionaire, I'd buy lots of Sydney Evans bling, starting with the rings featured in this post. Since buying fine jewelry requires budgeting, I tend to stick with a few classic, timeless pieces. But hey if I had a huge budget, I could venture out a little more. You know what I mean?
Gold and diamond single stud earring
I love the designer's earrings also, but too often they sell as a single stud ... and I have two ears! I think for the price customers should get two earrings. I'm too cheap to make two purchases, one for each ear!

Oh well, the designer and I can agree to disagree on what you should get for the money. I still love her work -- beauty; spirituality; and a touch of whimsy!

You may also enjoy:
At Overstock Find It For Less
Treat Yourself To One Nice Thing
Seven Rules For Holiday Dressing
Save On Summer Fashion Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment