Friday, March 24, 2017

Easy Homemade Lemonade

Photo: Healthful Pursuit
As my regular readers know, I stopped drinking soft drinks, a/k/a soda or pop, after my teeth became sensitive because a daily soda habit (which coats our teeth in acid) was eating away my enamel. Yikes! Tooth enamel does not grow back!

Now I drink plenty of cold water; ice tea; and kombucha. When I crave a burst of flavor, I make a simple lemonade using 3 ingredients:

Cold water
ReaLemon concentrate (The store brand is ok too.)
Stevia

At first, I used store bought lemons, which is fine, but the ReaLemon concentrate is easier, faster and (I believe) tastier. But, if you have a lemon tree in your yard, use your fresh lemons! You can't beat the freshness of picking fruit off the tree!

Directions:

Throw all the ingredients into a big, tall glass -- everything to taste, stir and add ice cubes.

As easy and quick as opening a can of soda ... but better. Bottoms up!

You may also enjoy:
Let's Plan A Wine Party
Refreshing Bourbon Slush  
A Party At Ryan' Daughter  
No Skimping On Good Oral Hygiene

2 comments:

  1. That looks so refreshing, and very pretty too. Much better than soda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, my mission in life is to make things easy and refreshing whenever possible. :) Yes, healthier than soda.

      Delete