Tuesday, March 28, 2017

My Bucket List For 2017

Photo: visionaustralia.org
Eventbrite, a platform that lets event organizers plan, organize and post events and conferences across social media, asked me to produce a bucket list of experiences I'd like to accomplish in 2017. Here are 5 goals I have in mind: 

1) I'd like to get back into Pitates. - A few years ago, my limbs were flexible and my core was strong, but after losing several excellent Pilates' teachers, I stopped going to classes. Recently a classical Pilates studio opened near my home, giving me the motivation to go again.

2) Host an authentic English High Tea - A delightful way to ring in the spring. Certainly, a few friends will want to come. What fun!

3) Brush-up on the German language - If you don't speak a language, you forget it. I can't let that happen with a language I once had a good grasp of; so I must find time to listen to some German language audio. Plus, practice speaking with anyone who will speak to me in German.

4) See the Secret Sisters live in concert - Laura and Lydia Rogers are a duo who sing a gorgeous harmony and will be wildly famous in the future. I must see them when they come to Manhattan, which they do about twice a year!

5) Tour Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia - where I can meet up with out-of-town friends for company. I have neglected my travels lately ... but fortunately, not before visiting California, Los Vegas, around the US, Europe and Egypt. So I have to get back into going oversees! But first, I'll plan a trip to Williamsburg, Virginia, meeting up with old friends. None of us have ever been to Williamsburg!

These 5 doings all seem very doable in a year! Thank you, Eventbrite, for the prod in making the list. Now that I've written my aspirations down, I need to get busy! 

What's on your bucket list for 2017?

You may also enjoy:
Guilty Pleasure Songs 4
When Do You Pay Top Dollar?
Coffee Walnut Cake: High Tea My Way 
Remembering Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany

4 comments:

  1. A very impressive list Debbie, and I hope you manage to do all of these things. Love the sound of the high tea and the Williamsburg trip, very special. The Pilates and German will take lots of discipline, but you go, Girl! Today my doctor suggested I should organise to go on a cruise! I actually hate the whole idea, but as we are already sorted to go to Canada for Christmas, I think that satisfied her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Trish! I need it.

      You will have a white Christmas and a nice visit with your daughter and grandchildren. I wish you could slip over the border and spend a few days in New York City before you go back Down Under. BTW a trip to Australia is on my ultimate bucket list. Hope to make the trip one day.

      Delete
  2. Great minds think alike. I have an opera bucket list item (at the top, actually) that Dan and I will be able to cross off the list -- "Ring Cycle" in Bayreuth, Germany, this summer (see my latest post). I know you will appreciate that. I don't speak German, but have managed to pick up a few words here and there.

    I'm also hosting a spring tea for friends. If you can't make it to Williamsburg, VA, you can always pop over to my town, Haddonfield, NJ. We've been around since the 1700's. I live in the historical section of town. It's charming. We also have a lovely B&B where you could meet your girlfriends.

    Cheers, M-T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds grand, Marie-Thérèse Norris! I haven't visited Germany in years, but would like togo to Berlin. And Haddonfield, NJ sounds lovely too. I'm check out your new blog post.

      Hope your tea is a great success, as I'm sure it will be.

      Debbie

      Delete