There are certain things in this world you will buy despite their costs. If you can't find a discount, you will brace yourself, bite the bullet and empty your wallet because you believe they are worth the expense.
In my opinion, everyone has a list of things he/she will pay top dollar to get -- where quality rules. You will pay serious money even if it means you have to delay the purchase while you save up, or do without other things in order to afford the things on your list. Let's make it interesting by sharing some of the items on our lists. They can be big or small:
Mine are in no particular order:
3. Bed sheets - Must be 100% cotton with a high thread count.
4. A sharp kitchen knife
5. Comfortable walking shoes - When your feet are happy, you are happy.
6. Warm winter coat - Lands' End has quality coats for a good value. If anything happens to LE, it's back to overpaying.
7. Fancy birthday cake and/or fine chocolate - We all need rewards and special treats to celebrate special occasions. And, the treat should be worth the calories.
8. A comfortable home in a safe neighborhood - I have to like the location and layout. It's where I nest.
9. Education - Look where good schools got Kate Middleton. "A mind stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions." There are lots of good schools!
10. A reliable car - When I lived outside the city, I drove a Honda Accord LX and liked listening to the radio and music while driving. It was my nest on wheels and kept me safe and mobile.
Lucky 11 bonus item: Face serum - Stay tuned for a future post, where I'll explain why it's an essential.
That's what made my cut. Everything else is negotiable. If you'd like to share a few of your own choices, please do. Our lists can change as we move through life. So no need to over-think. Have fun with it.
You may also enjoy: