A few more home remedies I find fascinating are:
1. Aspirin – It contains acetylsalicylic acid, a salicylic acid derivative. Use it to brighten the skin and treat acne: Add 2 aspirins to water, mix thoroughly, rub into the skin and wait 5 minutes before rinsing. Repeat once a week for a clear complexion and to lighten and brighten your skin over time.
2. Celery – Chewing on stalks of celery whitens your teeth. Plus, it's good fiber and low in calories.
3. An apple, or a slice of hard cheese – Both will remove food from your teeth and bacteria from your month, if you are without toothpaste and can't brush your teeth. Apples contain malic acid, which also removes stains.
4. Black tea – Soaking feet in unsweetened black tea curbs the production of sweat and cures foot oder.
5. Vinegar – is a natural way to get rid of oil: Mix 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar with one egg yolk to use as an emergency shampoo. Vinegar, or lemon juice will act as a natural hair rinse also. Plus, rinsing with cold water will add shine to your hair.
Isn't it great to have options and know what to do in a pinch, or if away from home? With knowledge and a little ingenuity, you never have to go without ... not when there's an inexpensive, natural solution.
You may also enjoy:
Mean, Lean And Green
Healthy Spices In A Well-Stocked Kitchen
Health Care Reform, A Doctor Weighs In
No Skimping On Good Oral Hygiene