Wednesday, February 10, 2021

10 Essentials To Have In Your Medicine Cabinet

Readers, LIVE it looks organized and a lot better than it photographs!

A doctor on a morning news talk show said 5 essentials should be in every medicine cabinet. I checked a few more medical sources to create a list of 10 that include hers. 

Above is a photo of my medicine cabinet. Is your medicine cabinet a hot mess of skincare, makeup and grooming tools like mine? Let me cut to the chase, most of THOSE vanity items are not on any of the good doctors' essential lists! 😏🙂

Here are 10 important Items to Stock in Your Medicine Cabinet:

1) Pain relievers - Aspirin, acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and Naproxen (Aleve) are over-the-counter medicines. Aspirin and acetaminophen reduce fever, as well as, pain.

2) Antiacids - Treats sour stomach and heartburn.

3) Antiseptic ointment - To prevent infections of everyday cuts and minor wounds, the mishaps of life.

4) Sunscreen - Select a SPF 30 (the latest recommended strength) to wear every day of the year to prevent skin cancer and aging skin.

5) Antihistamine - Allergy medicine for hay fever and sometimes hives. It dries up hives.

6) Bandages - For life's minor missteps and kitchen mistakes involving a sharp rogue cooking knife.

7) Tweezers - To remove splinters, as well as, to stop the formation of a unibrow in its tracks. Nobody wants to see that! It makes a person look wolverine and mean.🐺

8) A digital thermometer - Especially in COVID times, as well as, flu season, to let us know if we are sick before we're sure.

9) Anti-itch cream - Cortizone is a common one for insect bites, hives or other skin rashes.

10) Petroleum jelly - a true multitasker: Serves as lip balm; skin protection against dryness; holds a renegade strain of hair in place. In winter, I sometimes layer petroleum jelly over body lotion.

I have 7 of the 10 items in my medicine cabinet, plus a whole lot of other stuff, as you can see. What is missing are bandages (I keep a box of 100 in a big closet), anti-itch cream (big closet), and anti-acid (which I have as pills in my nightstand by my bed). The skincare and makeup I use every day (the makeup not so much anymore due to my pandemic face mask), so 'tis why they are in my medicine cabinet  ... to grab easily after I shower. Understand: I need a mirror and don't have to walk back and forth if skincare and makeup are stored inside my medicine cabinet.

Do you have the doctors' essentials in your medicine cabinet?


You may also enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. What a great looking cabinet, Debbie. I do have all these items, but they are spread around in different places. How untidy is my filing! I think living in a large house contributes to this. At least I know where my stuff can be found :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My excuse for having so much stuff in my medicine cabinet is lack of space. If I lived in a big house, I would also have personal care things all spread out. My hometown friends bought 2 floor homes in the suburbs many years ago. Some of their bathrooms are nearly the size of my entire apartment! Big enough for vanity tables and drawers for storage. You could put big pieces of furniture in them. I would love it! As long as all your things have a home, you are fine!

      Delete