Saturday, March 19, 2022

Spring Fashion 2022: Cut Out Middles And Matchy-Matchy

Photo: Yahoo News

Although I don't go out of my way to dress trendy nowadays, I still follow what's new and in vogue and if I happen to have a piece in my closet which becomes a fad, I'll make an effort to wear it. You?

Two of several styles fashion editors tell us will become big this spring are (1) outfits consisting of 2 pieces exposing a bare midriff or waist; and (2) matchy-matchy outfits. Now I've always been somewhat of a matchy-matchy dresser stopping short of buying shoes and purses cut out of the exact same pattern as my dress. In the 1960s women often bought shoes and handbags that matched 100% in the exact leather and color; or fabric, texture, and pattern as one another ... so everything old becomes new again!

I think I could pull off a matchy-matchy top, trousers and blazer in the same solid color, it's when you wear patterns you must be careful not to overdo it. It can look juvenile. I also don't mind a little peek of a waist as it's not too revealing, especially in a warm climate.
Vintage matching shoes and bag

What are your thoughts on either fashion trend?


You might also enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. A long time ago, I did occasionally buy a matching shoe and purse combo (and thought I was very smart, lol). Now I try never to be too matchy - and now it is coming back! It all goes round and round. Definitely will not be doing the exposed midriff this time, but hey, I have done it when I was the right age - young!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, ha! Once I tried on a bathing suit with a cutout waist, and thought hey, not too shabby ... until I turned around and saw what I looked like in the back. Certainly no longer the 20-something year old of once upon a time. :)

      Oh Trish, fashion is fun to follow. I'll be looking to see how many women carry matchy-matchy shoes and bags this spring and summer.

      Delete