Monday, February 21, 2022

Slouchy Pants In 2022

Next year these slacks will look so dated in my humble opinion. Droopy crotches, oh my! All photos from The Style Insider

Yes, it's true: After you know your personal style, you're not always trendy. As it turns out, I have zero interest in what fashion editors and influencers tell us will be popular this year, namely Slouchy Pants.

The trendy reinvented wide-legged trousers consist of too much fabric for my liking. Can we call them oversized? Baggy?? Or sloppy??? Years ago in the 1970s, they were dubbed stovepipe pants. Harlem pants were the early 20th century's variation.

Even at 5' 7 1/4," in height, this yards-of-cloth trouser style would appear to wear me in lieu of me wearing the trousers. Not to mention, I'd rake up and clean the streets of New York City without pay.😄

For sure just like the ankle-length dresses of Summer 2021, it's a fashion fad I'll skip and continue wearing my leggings and "skinny" jeans. As a matter of fact, the style of pants I usually wear are slender, i.e., tapered ankles, not really skinny jeans. So in recent years, I don't embrace the skinny jeans look either, choosing comfort over discomfort. You get the idea. 

What's fabulous about our current era is conformity is out! How sensible ... as no single style flatters all heights, shapes, or sizes. Every style is accepted, and you can dress like you! The fashion that makes you feel your best, or like a million bucks is in! So here's to everybody's unique fashion plate style.😎

Readers, how do you feel about slouchy pants? Can they ever be lightweight? How do you pack them in a suitcase? Oy vey: let's discuss the need for ironing?!


You may also enjoy:

4 comments:

  1. I am not surprised these pants have emerged - because the skinny look has been with us for quite a long time. Fashion goes round and round! Pants which sweep the dust are out for me, they would trip me up. However, I like a wide leg culotte, above the ankle, which is cool for our Summer. You have shown us a variety of ways to style them on top - I think it would be easy to look too large and awkward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, fashion sure does return. I can't think of much I've seen I've not seen in some form before. The slouchy pants could easily look ill-fitted, which would be a worry of mine. The extra material around the hips and thighs might bother me.

      Delete
  2. shades of bell-bottoms from back in the day, like 1968!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Barry, nothing ever seems to leave us forever.

      Delete