Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Trending: The Blue Wave

Photo: topinspired
The blue wave. It's coming!🌀😱Have you seen it on the streets where you live yet?

Beauty editors say a sweep of blue eyeliner is the new hot trend this fall. Sometimes etched on the lower inner eye, but more commonly drawn above on the eyelids right behind your lashes and extending past the lid to form an upward turned wing ... or a cat eye. 
Photo: Purewow
With this trend, you don't need blue eyes to carry off the blue makeup. Look for a soft eye crayon or liquid eyeliner for control in drawing the wing; not to mention you don't want to poke your eye out!
Photo: Glamour
This cosmetic comes in all price points, so you can save or slurge: NARS offers a blue velvet shadow stick; Clinique a chubby blue tint stick. The Sephora Collection has one, as does Chanel; and NYX Professional Makeup sells a jumble cobalt eye pencil.
Photo: Lasttrend
The look is neither subtle nor outlandish. Not kooky or odd, yet obvious.

What do you think of the blue wave? What's more, will you try it?💙


You may also enjoy:

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Debbie,
    In my younger years I was all in for blue eye shadow... But his would look odd on myself, in my humble opinion!
    Enjoy a cozy and happy weekend.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I may not do it every day, but maybe a tasteful thin blue line on a playful day, what's the harm?

      Delete
  2. I have never worn blue eye shadow or eyeliner. Actually, it's a staple of theatrical stage makeup. It looks fabulous over the footlights. My actress Grandmother and Mme Mère both wore blue eye shadow when they performed.

    In every day life, however, you really need to be very careful or very young to pull this off. At my age, it is to be avoided, but I might mix it w/a bit of black, brown or grey to tone it down. Years ago, Bobbi Brown made a great gel eyeliner in deep violet, which I loved. It was a perfect contrast to my green eyes. I miss it.

    Cheers, M-T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie-Thérèse, thanks for the insights and great infomation, you've added. I must try that Bobby Brown gel eyeliner. I never wore blue eye makeup either. I'm not sure I would look my best with the hue full on, but I think I could get away with a winged line of blue, especially if its a trend (therefore accepted). I think shading with other subtle eye shawdow colors is the key, so the whole isn't too over-the-top.

      I sometimes must walk backstage at the ballet and notice how bold the makeup must be in order to be noticeable from the stage. It must take experience when applying ... how much is enough?

      Delete