Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Zyllion's Shiatsu Massage Pillow, A Review

Periodically I have lower back pain. Sciatica. Usually it goes away in a few days, but recently the twinge lingered. After several weeks of stiffness, I decided to buy a massage pillow. 

Why just a pillow? Well ... to be honest, I am too cheap, plus didn't want to make room in my New York City apartment for a massage chair. (I value my space!) I've tried the chairs at the Sharper Image shops, and they are fantastic! I hoped that good things ... um similar results, could come in small packages.

So I bought Zyllion's Shiatsu Massage Pillow With Heat ... and it works! Here are the pros:
  • It has a 6 cm compact body.

  • Indeed (as promoted) 4 deep kneading Shiatsu balls do "relax, relieve and soothe aching muscles" and nerves. 
  • The heat definitely helps. It feels great!
  • The nodes rotate in both directions, alternating, much like the knuckles of a real human being.
  • The device is programmed not to overheat, and it shuts off after 20 minutes for safety. You can also push a button to turn the heat off.
  • You can use the slim cushion on your lower back, upper back, neck, stomach, calves, and thighs.
The one con: A longer cord -- another foot, or so -- would be useful to reach further. Sometimes I accidentally unplug the pillow while on my couch. Why be chintzy with too short of a cord when you make a good product? What would an extra foot cost the company?

The portable cushion has a strap to wrap around a chair, but I haven't used it. 

The manufacturer claims the device can be used in the home, office or car. Included is an adaptor to plug into a car dashboard, and the packaging shows an image of a little stick person reaching for a steering wheel. What ... seriously!?! 

Who wants to be on the road with drivers who are having a massage! Lord God, No! Some people won't stop a moment for directions much less pull over for 20 minutes to treat a spasm! So please fellow motorists, for the safety of all of us, keep your full attention on driving and use your Shiatsu massage pillows at home.

You may also enjoy:
Can Needle Flowers Improve Your Health?
Doctor's Orders: Is It Time For A Check-up?
Relief For Sore Muscles
Health Care Reforms: A Doctor Weighs In

11 comments:

  1. Very timely post, this might be useful for my upper back and shoulders. Different doctors say different things- which tells me to look for other solutions, but this pillow sounds like it could be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, you are very welcome. I use my pillow whenever I've done something to strain my back, and I think the message helps me recover faster. I'm not a doctor, but that's been my experience. Thanks for stopping by and for your comment!

      Delete
    2. Hi Debra Turner,
      Thank's for reply.
      Pleasure visit my sitehumancaremachines

      Delete
  3. Hhmm Really Nice Post..Massage chairs by AcuRelax is high-quality and high-performance, ISO 9001 certified at affordable price

    Massage Chair Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Deepak, thanks for contributing -- can't beat that price!

      Delete
    2. Be aware it doen't emit heat, but not everyone is looking for heat only a massage.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing such a nice information . https://www.massagetablesforless.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Massage Tables, for stopping by!

      Delete