Sunday, October 28, 2018

Beauty Advent Calendars 2018

Liberty of London Advent Calendar 2018
The Beauty Advent Calendars 2018 are launching now, and they sell out lickedity-split fast. Here are 5 calendars I recommend based on content alone. Packaging is a nice bonus, but it pares down to what's inside: Will you love the products? Some cleverly festive Advent Calendars from high end beauty companies don't make my cut because they don't offer enough product for the money, (sample sizes should be free!); or have too many fillers (such as highlighters, glitters, a pencil sharpener -- not joking!) as their offerings. For the moola charged (anywhere from $150 - $325+) I look for 24/25 days of gifts; generous sizes of product; and a lovely curated assortment, giving consumers a chance to try new things. I want a "wow" factor!

Sooo, here are my 5 Beauty Advent Calendars 2018 -- if spending the money is not a factor, these are the most desirable:

1) Liberty of London ↑ top image - I'm not going to lie. This Advent Calendar is the one I covet the most, but haven't had the good fortune to own. Yes, it's expensive, but the beauty products are well sized and selected; and top-notch. A desirable mix of better known and unsung brands. Not cheap, yet a good value (worth £600/$700). One day I will wait no more and buy it for myself!
2) Fenwick -  It has a good amount of skincare, which I like over a calendar of candles or fragrances. However, a single candle is fine by me, and the Neom Scented Candle in Tranquility that is included sounds soothing.
3) Eleimis - Yes, yes, yes to a calendar of youth serums, super food skin potions and nourishing body creams just in time to fight and win a mighty battle with Old Man Winter.❅

4) Space NK - An opportunity to expand your beauty horizons with new products by brands including Votary, Sunday Riley, By Terry, Illa, Rodial, Diptyque, Miriam Quevedo, Natura Bisse, R+Co, Oual, Christophe Robin, Kevyn Aucoin, and Oribe. 
5) Net-a-Porter - A collection of skin, hair and makeup items from popular luxe brands like Charlotte Tilbury, Aromatherapy Associates and Marc Jacobs in full sizes.


If you want a Beauty Advent Calendar, order early as they are sold in limited quantities only to fly off the shelves. And check back later this week: I found 2 additinal Advent Calendars For Less (under $55) that are almost as much fun to buy/get as these luxe calendars.


You may also enjoy:  
Autumn Musings
The Real J. Peterman Company   
Princess Louise, Duchess of Agryll
Your Fall Wardrobe: Shop For Value

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that Liberty one is so gorgeous. I have never seen this type of Advent Calendar on sale here, but maybe that is because I have not been looking! The under $55 one might be good fun, and I should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it's thrilling to look at the Liberty calendar each year, isn't it, Trish? As is going into the Liberty store! But alas, spending that much on beauty is beyond many of us, so the reason I like to follow up with a few budget friendly advent calenders. I think with creativity, you can always find a lovely gift on any budget. It's not the money spent, but what you get!

      Delete