Monday, October 15, 2018

Walking Up - Down Madison Avenue

Can't go wrong with this designer

Walking up or down Madison Avenue to see the latest fashions is one of the great pleasures of being in Manhattan. The shop widows can be summed up in one word ... magnificent. LA's Rodeo Drive is shockingly pint-sized compared to the 6 miles of Madison Avenue. On the Upper East Side stretch (comprising 1.5 miles between East 86th Street to East 57th Street, there are about 400 luxury and flagship stores, selling apparel, shoes, high end accessories (like purses, belts, hair ribbons, etc.) and fine jewelry.
All that glitters is gold!
These twinkling diamonds, sapphires, rubies and emeralds at Travelers Jewelers on Madison (at East 77th Street) are huge and real gold and gems! I swear, they blink at me every time I walk by!

Georgio Armani (at East 66th Street) has shimmering windows too ... presently featuring evening gowns. Despite the glare from the street lights and traffic, I'm posting a few. There are many more to see!
Wouldn't the elegant designer dresses look lovely with some jewels? Feel free to select your favorite necklace, bracelet and/or ring.
Next razzle dazzle up the avenue stopping at Giuseppe Zanotti (on East 68th Street) for a pair of embellished fancy shoes.
This 12 carat sapphire ring with 14 solitaire diamonds in white gold is my favorite. A kind salesman let me slip it on my finger, and it's a perfect fit! Each time I pass Travers, I look for it in the window. But alas ... after months and months, somebody with deep pockets walked into the jewelry store and bought my ring! {Are you reading this? That's right, MY ring, sister! I know your ring size!!}😁 Fortunately, I have this photo to show you. What a beauty ... I will miss it!😍

On Madison Avenue there are ever changing pretties to see, and the exercise and eye candy are free!


You may also enjoy:
FOX'S Designer Off-Price Clothes  
Walk The Walk With Modern Vice
The Sample Sales Of New York City
Visit Victoria's Secret's Hidden Museum

2 comments:

  1. New York never disappoints when it comes to window shopping. How fabulous to be able to drop in and try on that fantastic sapphire ring (even if somebody else got it!). Love the fashions, one of my best memories of our visits to the Big apple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ancient smart phone photos can't capture the sparkle and details of the gowns or gems. I love walking home up Madison after events and outings. Also great fun to do when (blogging, hint, hint:) friends come to town. It will be here for you, Trish whenever you come!

      Delete