|Photo: Mickey Sery of 260 Fifth Avenue|
Two excellent sample sales in Manhattan include ...
1. The Flat-iron District's 260 Fifth Avenue - for clothes, home goods and workout gear.
2. Soho's 151 Wooster Street - for edgy apparel and accessories.
What's more, here are six rules for shopping the sample sales:
1) Bring cash. Some warehouses don't accept credit cards.
2) Wear comfortable shoes and non-bulky clothing. Shopping the sample sales requires lots of standing and walking; and sometimes showrooms lack dressing rooms to try on clothes. You may have to slip a dress over your head in a public area to see how it fits.
3) Know the value of merchandise. Not every offering is a good buy.
4) Stick within your budget. Determine what you can spend before shopping. You can still go broke by spending thousands of dollars on dresses, shoes or coats marked 70% off.
5) Arrive early for the greatest selection of goods, or late for the lowest prices.
6) Understand that all sales are final. Check the merchandise carefully. If you find imperfections, you might haggle to take a few more dollars off, or you might not want the garment after all.
Looking is half the fun, so shop with an adventurous spirit! You could leave with a great find and an experience that is unique to New York City.
|Michael Kors in Elle|
You may also enjoy:
The End Of Summer
10 Websites That Save You Money
The National Academy Museum And School
Never Underestimate The Value Of A Sample