Sunday, December 31, 2023

Happy New Year 2024

Photo: Swarovski
In my dreams, I look like this fashion model on New Year's Eve -- the tan, the sparkles, the elegant shoulders, the star earrings, the mega chicness. What I really look like is the image below. Close enough, ah?:) Be kind! The photo of me below was snapped at Bloomingdales where I was invited to a designer launch of a new collection in October 2019 before the pandemic forced us to shelter at home for nearly 2 years. Thankfully, I attended several of Bloomindales' fashion events over the prior 12 months. During the shutdown, I reflected upon how such public events with hors d'oeuvres and drinks passed around on trays were no longer possible. How suddenly our lives had changed! Life is unpredictable.
The old saying: "Man plans, God laughs" is true. Our plans can only be an outline clarifying the direction we wish to go. How 2024 unfolds is anyone's guess. Will there be any surprises? Time will tell.
We'll ride the old year out and start the New Year optimistically with friends, champagne, a cheese platter, grainy bread and crackers, and whatever else we feel like whipping up. 
Some years I attend parties with friends, and other years I celebrate with family at home. I enjoy both ways of ringing in the new year, but after the ball drops I especially love the easy commute from couch to bed at home.  
The faux fur stole I'm wearing at the Bloomingdale event was a prop given to me by the photographer for the photo. It doesn't go with the dress or shoes but is fancy and perfect here to wish you a Happy New Year!🎉🥳🔵
After a December 31st night of champagne, a January 1st morning of fine coffee and tea. Here's to 2024! Have fun. Everything in moderation my lovelies.🍷⌛⏰


You may also enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. In my dreams, I look like that model too, lol. I love your photo, not least because you are wearing Mary Jane shoes (my personal favourite for comfort), and a dress with pockets, which are the answer to everything. And why not a faux fur on a festive occasion! Enjoy your coffee - we are about 14 hours ahead of you...it has been raining all day on the 1st January 2024, and we went to a movie, 'One Life' about the rescue of children from Prague prior to WW11. Serious subject, but a nice movie. Happy New Year my New York friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe or not, here in NYC on New Year's Eve, I looked at the clock and said it is already 2024 in Australia! I also said, if I were there, it would be summer. Thank you my cherished friend, and I hope it's a very Happy New Year!

      Delete