Monday, December 25, 2023

It's A Manhattan Christmas

Photo Source of Macy's: Adventures Only
Manhattan in December is magical. If you can't fit a Christmas tree into your tiny apartment just step outside, the entire city with lights and sparkle becomes your Christmas decor!

The 1st two photos are of Macy's holiday windows at Herald Square, my favorite New York City department store. You'll find everything you need at Macy's but unlike Bergdorf Goodman, Saks, or Bloomingdales, Macy's carries a wide range of price points coupled with the best sales so you'll find exactly what you're looking for to suit your budget. I've never shopped at Macy's for a necessity or splurge and returned home either empty-handed or broke. From upscale to budget-friendly, there's something for everyone.
Photo Source of Macy's: Macy's, Inc.
Frankly, I'd be in big trouble if Macy's were in my own neighborhood and I could float in to browse anytime I wish. It's better for my wallet that I must take the subway to Herald Square because Macy's vast inventory is tempting every time I step into the store.


Photos of Bergdorf Goodman: Ricky Zehavi Photography

Sitting at Fifth Avenue and 59th Street, Bergdorf Goodman creates fashion-forward, avant-garde holiday windows.

Photo Source of Cartier: Shutterstock
Cartier Fifth Avenue (at 52nd Street) always wraps its flagship store up as a Christmas package. I look for it every year and sometimes shamelessly steal the upmarket retailer's festive motif for my own front door.

Saks Fifth Avenue has the best video show every single year, and crowds are not wild or crazy when you attend the night of its unavailing usually accompanied by live celebrity entertainment. I like to stand directly across the street on Fifth Avenue (between 49th and 50th Streets) to watch the outdoor music, dance, and light show. Then you might as well walk over to see the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree because you're only a stone's throw away from Rockefeller Plaza. I have featured the beautiful tree on the blog in past years linked here. Next to Saks is St. Patrick's Cathedral with a large Nativity Scene near the altar. 

Photo Source: Debra Turner
Merry Christmas to all my lovely readers. Peace, Love, and Joy to everyone of every faith tradition on the globe who sees the blog! May the spirit of Christmas find you today and always!πŸͺπŸŽ„πŸ‘ xoxoπŸ’‹


You may also enjoy:

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful Debbie. I loved the Dior and Saks video, and it is lovely to see beautiful New York at Christmas time. I remember Macy's with great fondness - wish I had a magic wand to take me right over there for some shopping. Trusting you had a beautiful Christmas season with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, one day, perhaps you'll return and we'll go shopping at Macy's. :)

      Merry Christams!

      Delete
  2. Happy Holidays to the Savvvy Shopper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wondering if you're in a sunny place, Barry. Happy Holidays!

      Delete