Friday, January 4, 2013

The Fit And Flare Dress

Here are three variations of one of my favorite dress styles.  The look is dressy, clean and feminine.  The dress is cut to draw the eye down the sems, creating a slimming effect.  It has a classic princess neck.  Without hugging the waist or hips, the dress tapers at the waist, then flares out from the hips down to the bottom.  Both the style and length -- which is just above the knee -- is very flattering.  A Fit and Flare dress can have long sleeves in the winter and cap sleeves in the summer.  And, it is comfortable to wear.  Sometimes this lovely style is so hard to find in stores.  Why?!?

The dresses I used to illustrate the style are:

This is my style.  What's your style?  Knowing what you feel good wearing helps you avoid buying mistakes and lets you pounce when there are too-good-to-be true sales.

You may also enjoy:

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Debra, and thank you for your nice comments on my blog. These dresses are all great, elegant and very flattering. My waist disappeared years ago, so my style is generally something like these but without waist definition. Which is a shift dress, I guess. I like the knit, necklines and sleeves in these dresses. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patrica! I wish I had a "like" button. Shift dresses are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to read your post and find great information.

    ReplyDelete