Monday, August 5, 2013

Bring Back My Product, Lancome!

The Dearly Departed : (
Oh, don't you hate when your favorite products are discontinued!?! You're left with the question: Why??? 

Sometimes I'm prepared and can buy a few extras, hoping my stash will last until a company comes to its senses to bring back a perfect product that really works.

This time I didn't see it coming. Why, oh why ... did Lancome stop making Pure Focus T-Zone Powder Gel? It's crazy!

A dab of Pure Focus gel took away all the shine on my oily T- zone: the forehead, nose and chin area of the face. Plus it softened laugh lines and emerging winkles. (Yes, I'm admitting it. Emerging wrinkles. We're all heading in the same direction!) It was better than any BB or CC Cream out on the market today. It has no color, but I used it like foundation. It lasted all day, too, for a fresh face with no shine.

Now I'm down to half-a-tube of this wonder gel and am rationing it like Seinfeld's Elaine Benes rationed her Today sponges when that particular product disappeared. Each time I go out, I must ask, is this activity Pure Focus gel-worthy? 

And you can't order it on the internet either. I checked. Zero. Zip. Zilch. It's ridiculous.

Pleeeease bring back my product, Lancome. And ... next time before taking something I use off the market, ask me!

Meanwhile, I'm trying L'Oreal's Revitalift Miracle Blur to see if it will produce similar results. It's not quite as silky or oil-thristy, but does take away the shine ... sigh. Unlike what I used before, L'Oreal adds SFP 30 to their formula. Well ... at least adding sun protection is a good idea. #whodoItalktoatLancome?

Update: Another similar product to try is Garnier 5 Sec Blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment