Monday, November 16, 2015

The Sneaker Flat

Tory Burch Miles Metallic Perforated Sneaker
When I was a child my mom never wore sneakers. Like Mad Men's Betty Draper, she changed from house slippers into a little heel to begin her day. If she attended a fancy shindig, she slipped from one-inch heels into 2 1/2 inch heels.

Thank goodness those days are gone! We are more casual today, dressing for comfort. However, less formal doesn't have to mean less fashionable.

If you jog or play sports you'll still want to wear Nike's or Adias, especially made for the sport to prevent injuries, but for walking on pavement and running around town, there are a slew of posh sneaker flats on the market. 

They come in a variety of styles, colors and price points. Many are designed to cushion heels and provide arch support minus the chunky appearance of a traditional sneaker.

Recently I noticed that my mom had discovered the sneaker flat! Nonetheless, the more things change, the more things stay the same. Even without a heel, mom always looks polished. These days, there is never a reason to schlep around in ugly footwear ... or a high heel. Nonetheless, she still wears the smaller heel!
Kate Spade New York


Puma Saba Patent
Lands End Everyday Ballet

Salvatore Ferragamo Cap Toe

2 comments:

  1. I was just looking at some shoes like this today! The gold Tory Burch look nice. It would be a big change of direction for me to go this way, but probably a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia,

      I'm glad I hit on a relavent topic! Yes, the Tory Burch shoes are pretty. I'd love to know what you end up buying. I sometimes use a brand as the inspiration for the type of shoe I'm looking for, then gravitate towards what I want to spend, or wait for a sale. Silver and gold shoes really stand out, but are neutrals!

      Delete