Thursday, March 5, 2020

A Convertible Briefcase

Once upon a time a briefcase was heavy, bulky, full-grain leather and expensive. No wonder the man of the house threw his back out periodically! But times change, and nowadays there are many user-friendly styles available. 

Hands-free of weight, a convertible briefcase is the only way to go! Today I'll feature two briefcases I like, both under $50.

First up, Ecosusi's Woman's Briefcase Backpack is multi-functional. Made of soft vegan leather, it holds a 14-inch laptop; has 2 sections (a wide and a slim) and wears like a backpack. Brass hardware for enclosures. Plus it comes with a separate small purse for pens and small items. Adorable style in 4 different colors, and if you prefer more of a handbag look, this is the one for you.
I have owned the next briefcase for about 2 years. Mine, too, is slender; designed to organize; and it looks more like a briefcase than the 1st one. At times T. J. Maxx sells this 2nd briefcase for half its listed price ($25!).

The name, Solo's Duane Convertible Briefcase, is made of grey polyester fabric and suitable for both men and women. I selected the polyester material for its durability in all types of weather, and it's proven to be rain resistant.
The interior is divided into two large compartments with a 3rd inside slim pocket. One compartment is fully padded to hold a 15.2-inch laptop. Furthermore, there are 2 attached good-sized front pouches with inside slits to hold lists; IDs; credit cards; a phone; or thin electronics. There is also a large slit-pocket in the back by the shoulder straps that fits a magazine. 
The 2 center carrying handles, hold together with magnetic snaps and are padded to make carrying the briefcase comfortable. But I don't carry it very far. I wear it as a backpack.

Lots of zippers make opening and closing the briefcase a breeze! With so many amazing pockets for storage, I confess to sometimes organizing a few of my essentials out of existence. C'mon, you do it too, right?😳
Solo's briefcase is more stylish in person. Since I rarely stuff books in mine, only notes and papers, an iPad, a snack (Yes, a snack. Who are you judging?😏), water, and a small umbrella, it's thin when I carry it. I love how strong it is on occasions I do carry my laptop or extra stuff.

For a 3rd choice of a convertible briefcase that is a full-grain Italian leather with a hefty price tag to match go here to one of my earlier blogs. Senreve's Maestra will last a lifetime versus replacing a cheaper briefcase a number of times. Yet clearly not everyone requires an ultra costly briefcase.
So consider your needs. If an article is durable enough to last several years for much less, I don't mind replacing it. But if you use a briefcase night and day, plus need it for long commutes, it might make sense to spend big bucks. A value shopper buys what s/he needs, nothing more and nothing less.


You may also enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. I don't really need a briefcase, but I should would love that pink one. Maybe I can come up with a reason, he he. All of these look very smart for a discerning woman shopper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Trish, I didn't need a briefcase until rather late in my working life. Two things happened: The invention of laptops and computers (phones, iPads etc) that help us with our work and the fact that businesses have more common places for employees to work over offices - with a personal desk where you can keep all your office stuff. Everybody shares an office, or desk. You work at it, but it isn't yours.

      As far as the top pink briefcase, Trish - I say for you it's a traveling purse to hold your computer and elections, tickets, passports and eyeglasses, so they won't get broken, or lost when you and Mr. C are out of town. Hey you may even need a small 1st aid kit and sewing kit away from home. I rest my case.:)

      Delete