Thursday, January 4, 2024

Diamond Accent Flower Studs

A YouTube luxury influencer, Sophie Shohet, whom I sometimes watch, showed a pair of diamond accent flower stud earrings on her channel that looks familiar. I also own a pair in the same style. Her diamond accent flower studs are ruby stones and likely 18K gold. My studs are sapphires in 14K gold. Hers were designed by her jeweler. I got my earrings at Macy's Herald Square in the mid-1980s. In fact, I'm wearing the earrings in the small blogger photo over on the sidebar.👉

I bought sapphire diamond accent flower studs on an entry-level salary and over the years, I have really gotten my money's worth wearing the classic style of earrings (sometimes daily). IMHO they are as beautiful and elegant as diamond stud earrings, with an ample effect for less moola. ↖Over to the right is a similar pair sold by Macy's today.

I'm glad I bought my earrings years ago as they cost 4 times more now (because the price of gold went up) and as much as I love them the price is (arguably too?) steep now! I'd wait for one of Macy's best sales to lower the cost, or I'd consider buying the earrings in sterling silver (still a precious metal) with the choice of ruby or sapphire stones.

Jewelry was always a splurge but sadly it's getting harder to find substantial gold pieces worthy of the much higher price tag of today.



You may also enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. These are very pretty, and what good taste you have to buy them back in the day. I will look out for something like this, as I am changing my earring taste as I get older, especially now with silver hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, I think Macy's pair in sterling silver look identical to Sophie's expensive pair, which is great news for many people. Fill-priced at $100, Macy's is sure to put them on sale at a great reduction. Not everybody can spend over $1000 for 18K gold and I bet top quality ruby stones as I'm certain Sophie's husband has done. Sterling silver is fine for earrings that rarely get battered with frequent wear. Classic earrings are beautiful … and you, Trish always have great classic tastes!

      Delete