Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Trendy Rapunzel Hair 2024

 

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Let Down Your Golden Hair

Have you noticed how long celebrities are wearing their hair lately? I've noticed the trend for several months on actresses of all ages. Sunday's Golden Globes showcased both beautiful gowns and extremely long locks. The hair of some attendees is so thick and long they must be wearing hair extensions and/or hair pieces. Call me naive but it was only after the death of Michael Jackson in 2009 that I caught on to the fact that show biz people wear hair extensions and pieces, as well as, false eyelases, and their lush hair and eyelashes are often not natural. Before my epiphany, I never really thought about it.

Recent photos of Brooke Shields, Rosamund Pike, Amy Adams, and Rihanna. Globe photos: Top - Jennifer Lawrance, Bottom - Taylor Swift and Margot Robbie

Occasionally I've sported long locks myself, and I know longer hair tends to be easy to style, but you spend more time conditioning it to maintain its health and luster. I also kept it trimmed for a clean line free of split ends.
Although I've had long hair, it's never been Rapunzel length which I think is rarely possible without the help of hair extensions, not to mention stylists and a slew of hair products and accessories.
Soon after this (not the greatest quality) photo was taken, I cut my hair to shoulder length. Shoulder-length hair isn't necessarily easier to maintain, but it is lighter, bouncer, and you don't find long strands of hair all over your home -- the annoyance and reason I usually cut it shorter. Argh, I've never had hair any longer than in this photo.
Sarah Jessica Parker in Elle magazine
What do you think of the trendy very long Rapunzel hair length in the media? Stylish or too much of a good thing?


You may also enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. I have also noticed the extra long Rapunzel hair trend. Actually, I think it often looks fake - you just know hair extensions are involved. And who has time for all that hair care - unless one is a princess or in the movies, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I so agree, Trish. These days I embrace clean and simple for any repetitive task we must do everyday of our lives, and I don't want to add extra jobs as those repetitive tasks sure take up a lot of time.

      Delete