Thursday, April 15, 2021

Are Leave-in Hair Conditioners Necessary?



A leave-in hair conditioner is an extra treatment, as well as, an extra step taken after you shampoo and condition your hair, then raise out the regular conditioner along with excess water from your hair. At this point, leave-in conditioner is applied to damp hair before drying it for the day.

No doubt, your hair type determines whether or not you need this extra hair product. Dry, damaged, or curly hair might benefit, but for my abundant mane of straight fine hair, I find a leave-in conditioner to be a waste of money. Despite its lighter formula compared to regular conditions that are rinsed out with clean running water, leave-in conditioner tends to dull and weigh down my hair, making the hair look like I need to wash it again. Certainly, there is no benefit.


On the other hand, I do spray my clean damp hair lightly with TRESemme Thermal Creations, a heat protector, before blasting my hair with a blow dryer every day. Unlike any of the leave-in hair conditioners I've tried over the years, this specific heat protector leaves no residue ... or funky smell behind. Additionally, it seems to untangle the hair and have a taming effect (although the product, itself, makes no such claims). 

If I require anything more to calm flyways on a humid day, in lieu of a leave-in hair conditioner, I apply a tiny dab of body cream on the flyaways or frizzies only and avoid the hair near my scalp. Often I use hand cream to treat dry hands, and before it completely absorbs into the skin, rub my hands through my hair. Voilàmulti-tasking leave-in hair conditioner! Just like a marketed leave-in-hair conditioner, a slight amount of hand cream will neutralize the negative electrons in your hair. Disarm and balance those unruly atoms, and you're good!😂
What do you do? Are you a fan of leave-in hair conditioners?

BTW: All of images of leave-in conditioners on the post are top-rated ones by the editors of Allure magazine. Here's their entire list. What's more, if you have a sharp memory, my interview with celebrity hair stylist, Fashion Henricks, mentioned one of them 4 years ago! Plus SheaMoisture and Garnier Whole Blends are forever Savvy Shopper favorite brands. (You can use the search box to pull up more of my reviews.)


You may also enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment