Thursday, October 10, 2024

Old Navy's Sweater Dress Is Perfect For A Breezy Home



My mom lives in a warm house but due to high ceilings, it can get a little chilly in winter. Old Navy's Sweater Dress is perfect to wear during the colder months so her home's thermostat doesn't have to rise above 72 degrees F, keeping her gas and electric bills reasonable (though not cheap).

In her senior years, too many layers can get too heavy and cumbersome, restricting her moments or causing her to fall. This is a one-piece, knitted dress that wraps around her like a soft warm sweater. It's 56% cotton, 25% polyester, and 16% nylon. I bought her the dress last year in a light tan color and hoped Old Navy would bring it back this year in new colors ... which they did! She loves wearing shades of red, so I ordered her dress in cherry bark.

I highly recommend buying clothes for seniors at Old Navy, and unless there's a medical reason, skip those senior apparel websites. They tend to be greatly overpriced and unfashionable. If you dress old in garments resembling sweats and pajamas, you start to feel ancient and feeble. My mother likes fashion and wants to maintain the same dignity she had at ages 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, etc. 

Old Navy offers cute comfortable clothing that looks appropriate for every decade of a person's life. The sweater dress isn't too loose or skin-tight, but just right to flatter most body types. Moreover for everybody, they are easy to put on and take off, as well as, to care of by machine washing and drying them.

With a promotion code, I just spent $22 on her new lovely durable sweater dress. It sure beats paying $70+ for a sweats-pajama-house dress that nobody ever called fashionable!


You may also enjoy:

4 comments:

  1. What a great dress! I have one from a few years ago - alas I can't quite fit back into it. But a few lbs. loss and I still could, he he. Your Mum will enjoy wearing this in Cherry Bark, a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have great tastes, Trish, so I'm happy you approve!

      Delete
  2. Fashion elements aside (I will leave that to you), I think that it's great that you stress the importance for older folks not to be confined to pajamas and gowns. Mentally, it's a positive and the mental side is a big part of the battle.

    ReplyDelete