Thursday, November 21, 2019

Sèzane: The French Way

Once again it's time to think about the holidays. Noël is upon us, so I'll feature a few places to pick up some lovely gifts and/or attire for holiday parties.
Sèzane is an clothing, shoes and accessories retailer designed with a French flair. Launched in 2013 by Morgane Sèzalory, many items are handmade using quality fabrics and leathers that are created to last over time. The merchant is committed to making quality pieces -- not exactly cheap, but affordable with margins below the industry standard for what you get. 
An e-company, Sèzane also has brick and mortar stores in 3 major cities: New York, Paris and London. The shops sponsor fun activities like group yoga, talk events and teas.   
Goods are made to be durable with eco-friendly materials and manufacturing. Giving back is important to the retailer and backed up with sustainability and philanthropy programs.
It's French style you don't have to jump through hoops to acquire  -- like spending years on waiting lists, or buying lesser items first before you move up on that list (a practice of Hermès). Just walk in the store (or go online) and walk out with your selections, as well as, a few bucks left in your wallet. Ooh la, la! 

Finally uncomplicated French fashion fit for a fashionista!


You may also enjoy:

5 comments:

  1. If there are two items I always love for Winter, they are a pink sweater, and a black coat. And there they are, first and last! Pink sweater is gorgeous - you can never have too many, I think. Unfortunately, our Winter lasted about ten days this year, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish,

      Only 10 days of summer, a country after my own heart! :) In theory, I understand why people favor fall and winter. I love fall, winter clothes ... wool sweaters and warm jackets and coats, if only they weren't accompanied by wicked wind, ice and snow that we must travel in to get to work and such. I also wish the decision makers would like the time be! Lately we haven't had much of a winter here ... a day or two of cold followed by a 30 degree increase in temperature. As a child, cold would stay with us all winter. I have asked other people if my memory is correct and they assure me, it is. But a sweater and a lovely at-the-knee coat is always useful in a wardrobe for the cold days we do have!

      Delete
  2. Dearest Debbie,
    Good that you are at the right location of New York where you can actually see and feel their merchandise.
    Otherwise it is only through the mail for the entire USA... Not so in Europe.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right about Hermès. My poor husband jumped through numerous hoops to get my Kelly bag, but it LOVE it and it has more than doubled in value, so it's a good investment piece as well. If we ever fall on hard times..........!!

    I will definitely check out this merchant. Don't usually have time to shop during weekends in NY for the opera, but if I like what I see on their site, I'll make the time.

    Thanks again for the tip.

    Cheers, M-T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, I thought of you, Marie-Thérèse, as I wrote the blog and am happy to pass the knowledge of the shop onto you! As much as I love the neighborhoods of downtown Manhattan, they are not as convenient for us uptowners, and we always hope a successful shop will open a closer 2nd location. Some eventually do.

      Delete