Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Where To Buy Spices Online

Photo: Spice Jungle
As luck would have it, my local Key Food supermarket carries a nice selection of common spices like dried garlic, onion powder, celery seed, oregano or parsley in big jars. Spices I use daily to season meat, vegetables and whole grains. I don't like to run low and need to run back to the grocery store for them too frequently.

What's more, I also buy seasonings online (1) when not available at my supermarket; or (2) offered at better prices; or (3) of superior quality. Sometimes I split hairs between convenience, price and excellence -- something a foodie would rarely do. IMHO, a foodie applies to people who are very into food, going to great lengths or out to restaurants and spending big bucks to eat it. I cook and enjoy learning and trying new recipes, yet I'm not a foodie. I can stop at eating good, basic, real food. I don't require fancy, or elaborate, or expensive. In short, a foodie lives to eat. Someone like me eats to live ... and often price or convenience wins!
Speaking of price, quality and convenience, here are 3 unmatched spice companies whose seasonings you might consider that are all available for online ordering: 

1) Spice Jungle - Has a wide selection of single seasonings that are also carried in different sizes. I just ordered a pound of ground bay leaves for $15 because I couldn't find the right amount of whole bay leaves at the supermarket for a reasonable price. I refuse to pay $4 for a jar of 10 bay leaves that wouldn't last a month! Spice Jungle's ground bay leaves smell and taste sensational! I use 1/2 teaspoon of ground in place of a whole bay leaf in savory dishes. In addition to spices, the online retailer has specialty salt; dried mushrooms; dried seeds and berries; and dried tea and tisane. A tip: To save shipping costs on tiny orders of one or two spices, order Spice Jungle seasonings on Walmart's website, which conveniently carries them!

2) Zatarain's - I buy many of Zatarain's Creole and Cajun spice blends, as well as, food items -- as I love this authentic Louisiana based food company😍 (which is now a subsidiary of the McCormick spice company). The Creole seasoning and Pure Ground Gumbo File are pantry staples. Very reasonably priced and available at supermarketsWalmart online and Amazon. I use Creole seasoning in meat, vegetables, rice, soups, stews and salads, you name it!

3) Special Shit - I didn't name this spice company, but it got your attention, didn't it? You'll find tasty special spice blends made to season beef, chicken, fish, vegetables and barbecued dishes, plus extras like condiment gift sets for foodie friends and home cooks alike.

So whether you live to eat or eat to live, here are 3 brands of seasonings at affordable prices you can count on ... perhaps offering something missing from your supermarket shelf that you can order for delivery straight to your door ... and yet, you pay the same amount of money, not more!


You may also enjoy:

2 comments: