Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Earth Bellweather: The Perfect Ballet Flat


Last week I featured comfortable heels. Continuing on the subject of shoes, let's discuss another wardrobe essential, the ballet flat. By necessity, I walk many blocks in Manhattan, and ballet flats with flimsy support can lead to foot problems down the road. 

In New York City we have to be ready for anything. Even coyotes. Yes, that's right, the wolf-like wild dogs are crossing the bridge from Long Island to scavenge for food on our city streets. So, if I spot one, I will be in sensible shoes doing the only smart thing ... running away, sister!


It is easy to find gorgeous shoes that kill your feet, or ugly shoes that are kind to your feet, but I want my shoes to have it all, i.e. style, comfort, support and durability. Doesn't everyone?


I'm not a podiatrist, but through a ton of research, as well as, trial and error, I believe I found the perfect ballet flat. Called Earth Bellweather, it has a comfort footbed, which offers arch and shock support. It has extra latex cushioning, plus a padded 7/8-inch heel, and there is a full leather sock lining for breath ability. This shoe runs big, so I ordered 1/2 size smaller than my usual shoe size to keep my heels from slipping out of the shoe.

The ballet flats have a leather upper too, so they will stretch and breath as you walk. Sometimes synthetic materials don't have the same give or comfort.


The Earth Bellweather Ballet flat is super cute and versatile. With clean lines and a round toe, you can't go wrong. They complement everything: slacks, dresses and shorts.

The shoes come in many colors: black, navy, almond, Bordeaux, pecan, pewter, three shades of white and black patent leather. I had a hard time choosing a single color, but in the end, only allowed myself one pair. If they go on sale later, I may add another ... as an investment, of course. Yeah, yeah, that's my story, a pair and a spare.



You may enjoy:
Style Your Feet In Comfort
Consider The Shape Of Your Foot
Shopping Online For Savings Is Easy
Lands' End House slippers Are Just Right
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment