Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cheap Botanical Beauty For Body And Hair

Lavender Photo courtesy of  Flower Picture Gallery
Your skin, measuring 20 square feet, is your largest organ and the first line of defense, keeping all kinds of wicked microbes from entering your system. At the same time, everything you rub on your skin can penetrate it and get absorbed into your blood stream. As winter sets in many of us slather on moisturizers from head to toe to counter the dryness. Some of us wonder: Are the chemicals in the beauty products we use every day harmful?

Although I haven't given up commercial products (I still love my corner drugstore); when all things are equal, such as performance, price and convenience, I prefer products with certified organic, or 99% all natural ingredients. Patricia, writer of the Red Cardinal blog, asked me to feature a few paraben-free products from time to time, and I'm happy to oblige.

If you live in the US, UK or Australia, you can order many certified organic lotions, potions and creams, as well as, vitamins and supplements from Puritan's Pride, an online manufacturer of vitamins. The natural e-company offers low prices and super sales, but more importantly, they guarantee that their products are of the highest quality.  I placed several orders with them at different times ... all positive experiences. Once I had to cancel an order, and customer service was very helpful.  And finally, I find their website easy to navigate. (Some aren't.)

Here are a few botanical beauty products I like ordering from Puritan's Pride:

1. Perfectly Pure Argan oil  - It has only one ingredient, argan oil. I use it on skin and the ends of my hair right after a shower. 2 oz./various deals - 5 for $55.
2. Organic Health Emollient Lavender Lotion with Antioxidants - This smells lavender-amazing; it's non-greasy and moisturizes skin with essential oils. 12 oz./various deals - 5 for $20.
3. Organic Health Invigorating Tea Tree Oil Shampoo - Tingles your scalp; great for oily, dry, fine, limp and most hair types. 12 oz./2 for 1 and other deals - 5 for $19.98.
4. Organic Health Invigorating Tea Tree Oil Conditioner - Leaves your hair tangle free, shiny and silky smooth. 12 oz./2 for 1 and other deals - 5 for $19.98.

And one from Amazon:

5. Everyday Shea Moisturizing Body Lotion Lavender (also available in vanilla and unscented) - The ingredients include shea butter, lemongrass extract and vitamin C.  In winter I mix in olive oil, argan oil, or Burt's Bees Diaper Ointment (or Boudreaux's Butt Paste) to make a heavier hand cream. By itself, the Everyday Shea lotion is light and completely absorbes into your skin. It is formulated for sensitive skin. 32 oz. for $10.

These five personal care products, made with the finest botanical ingredients, are generously sized, so you can afford to use them every day.
You may also enjoy:
Going Organic: Face, Body And Hair Essentials
When Is Organic Necessary?
Creamery Creek Goat Milk Soap: A Review
Greenmarkets, Community Gardens And CSAs 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for mentioning my blog Debra. I will do the same for you. Thank you for the excellent research, and I will buy some of these products this weekend from Puritan's Pride. You are one very Savvy Shopper!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Patricia: It's always satisfying to hear that something I write is useful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Botanical is very beneficial for human skin and hairs as well. I have tried it and it was outstanding. Now it's time to avail water bottle for more information.

    ReplyDelete