|Lavender Photo courtesy of Flower Picture Gallery|
Although I haven't given up commercial products (I still love my corner drugstore); when all things are equal, such as performance, price and convenience, I prefer products with certified organic, or 99% all natural ingredients. Patricia, writer of the Red Cardinal blog, asked me to feature a few paraben-free products from time to time, and I'm happy to oblige.
If you live in the US, UK or Australia, you can order many certified organic lotions, potions and creams, as well as, vitamins and supplements from Puritan's Pride, an online manufacturer of vitamins. The natural e-company offers low prices and super sales, but more importantly, they guarantee that their products are of the highest quality. I placed several orders with them at different times ... all positive experiences. Once I had to cancel an order, and customer service was very helpful. And finally, I find their website easy to navigate. (Some aren't.)
Here are a few botanical beauty products I like ordering from Puritan's Pride:
1. Perfectly Pure Argan oil - It has only one ingredient, argan oil. I use it on skin and the ends of my hair right after a shower. 2 oz./various deals - 5 for $55.
2. Organic Health Emollient Lavender Lotion with Antioxidants - This smells lavender-amazing; it's non-greasy and moisturizes skin with essential oils. 12 oz./various deals - 5 for $20.
3. Organic Health Invigorating Tea Tree Oil Shampoo - Tingles your scalp; great for oily, dry, fine, limp and most hair types. 12 oz./2 for 1 and other deals - 5 for $19.98.
4. Organic Health Invigorating Tea Tree Oil Conditioner - Leaves your hair tangle free, shiny and silky smooth. 12 oz./2 for 1 and other deals - 5 for $19.98.
And one from Amazon:
5. Everyday Shea Moisturizing Body Lotion Lavender (also available in vanilla and unscented) - The ingredients include shea butter, lemongrass extract and vitamin C. In winter I mix in olive oil, argan oil, or Burt's Bees Diaper Ointment (or Boudreaux's Butt Paste) to make a heavier hand cream. By itself, the Everyday Shea lotion is light and completely absorbes into your skin. It is formulated for sensitive skin. 32 oz. for $10.
These five personal care products, made with the finest botanical ingredients, are generously sized, so you can afford to use them every day.
Going Organic: Face, Body And Hair Essentials
When Is Organic Necessary?
Creamery Creek Goat Milk Soap: A Review
Greenmarkets, Community Gardens And CSAs