Monday, January 11, 2016

Shopping At Zara

Zara is the queen of fast fashion retailers. The style, quality and sheer volume of inventory beats competitors, such as H&M and Forever 21. Topshop is as designer inspired, but the apparel, accessories and shoes cost much more.

According to Forbes, Zara delivers new goods to it's 2000 stores (in 88 countries) twice a week and only takes 10 to 15 days for it to go from design stage into its retail shops. So if you need a new dress, trousers or coat browse often.
I have mixed feelings about fast fashion. I'm all for a wide selection of fashion-forward clothing at budget-friendly prices. Who doesn't appreciate modern, chic and edgy pieces for less? I just worry about over consumption. It is best to shop only when you truly need something and not because you're stressed, bored or depressed. Always shop with your head leading your heart.

Over the years, I've gotten very good at separating my needs from my wants. Now I tend to be an under buyer. But if I need something like a new blazer, winter hat or pair of boots, I do buy it when I see it at a good price.
So at Zara, get to know the various collections and focus on the styles you like. Read the labels and zero in on the fabrics you like. 

In general, the scarves are flattering, and the dresses are classy and up-to-the-minute. Jackets for both men and women are especially vogue: Although many are unlined and a blend of fabrics, Zara's blazers are substantial enough for the price. You can score a signature piece at an unbeatable value during frequent sales ... and that is the time to pounce!
You may also enjoy:
Seven Rules For Holiday Dressing
The Sample Sales Of New York City
Combine Gift Certificates With Seasonal Sales
High Fashion Runway Meets Mass Market Retail

No comments:

Post a Comment