Tuesday, January 5, 2016

DIY: Eyeshadow Primer Recipe

Photo: www.beautylish.com
As previously mentioned, I rarely wear eyeshadow, but perhaps that is about to change. I like eyeshadow when it is freshly applied ... yet several hours later, not so much. But! Recently I learned how to extend the staying power of eyeshadow by making a DIY eyeshadow primer. It only requires two ingredients; and chances are you may have them at home. Allow me to share the new makeup hack with you:

Homemade Eyeshadow Primer

Ingredients:

Any face primer (I used L'oreal's Revitalift Miracle Blur.)
Any under eye concealer (I used a fair beige by CoverGirl.)

Directions:

Scoop/quirt a tiny dab of each product into a cap, or the palm of your hand. Using a makeup brush, blend together until uniform. Apply the mixture to your eyelids.

I like the nude color all by itself. It defines the eyes with a polished look. Hence, I've been wearing it solo this week. Topped with eyeshadow, the color stays put all day!  

When next we meet, people may not recognize me. Smoky eyes, here I come!



You may also enjoy:
DIY: Drop Cloth Curtains
Maybelline's Nude Shadow Palettes
DIY Lip Balm: Is It Worth The Costs?
Drugstore Beauty Buys To Beat The Winter Doldrums

2 comments:

  1. Wow I have to try this one. I like a smoky eye, but as you say, later in the day it becomes a line. There is always something new to learn. Great idea!
    Happy New Year Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Patricia,

      I love checking in to find a comment from you, my blogging friend! I agree, there is always something new to learn. I'm always happy to stumble upon something useful.

      Delete