Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Raincoats On The Brain

This zip hooded raincoat is everything I like in a raincoat except for the $650 pricetag.

First of all, a black trench, or raincoat is chic, slimming and goes with everything. Designed by Yoeh Lee, the coverall is sleek, modern and ultra lightweight. Made of 55% polyester and $45% polyurethane, it's waterproof, wrinkle-free and ideal for travel. The raincoat folds up into a small rectangle. Wear it in the rain to repell water, or over wool for warmth. I also love the zipper, as opposed to, a button closure.


Dry cleaning is unnecessary. To clean the coat, you just wipe the fabric with a damp cloth. Reportedly, it is durable, lasting for decades.

Speaking of a raincoat lasting for decades, my old London Fog has a very tattered lining, and yet I love it so much, I keep wearing it. (On sale, I paid $80 for the coat.) It, too, is black and feminine, although not as lightweight as the Yeohlee raincoat. My raincoat closes with snaps, which is also convenient. 

One spring, I wore it (with a red scarf) to cross Central Park; and as I waited for my turn to walk, none other than Ralph Lauren jogged by (and I kid you not) he turned his head to give my London Fog a long second look! I wanted to say, "Oh, Ralph, you like!?"


The raincoat looks good until I take it off to reveal the riped, long-past-its-prime inner lining.

So friends, what should I do? Spending $650 for the Yoehlee is a tad steep, and I'm not finding a new London Fog replacement that I like. Perhaps I'll just wear my oooold London Fog raincoat to it's last thread. If I must take it off in your presence, please don't judge!😳👀

You may also enjoy:

The End Of Summer
Your Fall Wardrobe: Shop For Value
Stay Warm With A Goose Down Coat
The Today Show Finds Trench Coats For $100 Or Less   

No comments:

Post a Comment