Thursday, February 14, 2019

A Day When Love Is In The Air

To my dear Readers, 

Happy Valentine's Day from THE SAVVY SHOPPER. Back to back Valentine posts because we need them! Show a little love and kindness to your fellow man and woman, as well as, your family and friends.πŸ’‹


Eat the chocolate, buy a rose, wear something pretty ... red, pink and/or glittery. I love these low key holidays, which have not gotten so commercial, thereby allowing for spontaneity and less fuss. 

Life is good so why not take this occasion to insert some sweetness, sparkle and a special treat into your day. Feast your eyes on some pretties.
Happy Valentine's Day on this 14th day of February, set aside to celebrate love, passion and goodness. Remember to be good to yourself along with everybody else!πŸ’˜


You may also enjoy:
Jaclyn Smith's Anti-Aging Skin Care
Health Care Reform, A Doctor Weighs In  
Remembering Prince Leopold, Duke Of Albany   
Picture This: On Vacation With Nothing To Wear

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, Debra. We will be celebrating our Valentine's Day tomorrow in NYC. Dinner at an Italian restaurant on 56th, Basso56, and then opera on Saturday -- "Don Giovanni" -- one of our favorites. Can't go wrong w/Mozart.

    Cheers, M-T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's to you too, Debra. I love your little red heart and roses. As predicted, I did make a heart cake and we enjoyed it very much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you and Mr. C having a slice of your cake yesterday, Trish. When I was in college, a fellow I dated brought me roses and a heart-shaped cake that his dear mother baked and decorated for me on his behalf ... presented to me when he picked me up for dinner. He had 5 brothers and a sister. I suppose Valentine's Day kept her busy baking for all of her dating children. He broke up with me about a month later to return to a former girlfriend. I didn't know I was a rebound "girlfriend" at the time. We were young and had not been dating very long, and so an experience. I still think his family was lovely.

      Delete
    2. A sweet story Debbie. Funny how clearly we remember those youthful dates and friendships, all part of the fabric of life. Hope you had a nice Valentine's and are coping with the freeze in NYC!

      Delete
    3. NYC is giving us extremes — one day 60 degrees followed by ice and snow, which melts the very next day! Valentine’s Day for us usually signals that spring is only weeks away! And yes, Trish, I eat some dark chocolate.🍫 😊

      Delete
  4. Dearest Debbie,
    We had a quiet Valentine's Day and of course with some dark chocolate... Hot chocolate too, made from Droste cocoa, the Dutch version and best taste! Just ordered new ones from Vander Veen's the Dutch Store in Michigan.
    The weather is gloom here... But we're making progress towards real spring!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hugs right back to you, Mariette! I enjoy hot chocolate too. These days I usually just use cocoa powder -- for a dark chocolate taste. Trying to reduce all the products I need to stock.

      Can't wait for spring!

      Delete