Thursday, July 25, 2019

Drugstore Snacks I Like: Lenny & Larry's Cookies and Tex Mex Snack Mix

When my apartment was damaged by our gaga hookah smoker's fire, and I had to leave for two months, I discovered these satisfying cookies. Luckily there was a drugstore alongside tiny, overpriced food stores. These mouthwatering protein cookies are substantial and affordable.
As readers know, I love a well-stocked drugstore. I buy my gallons of delicious Roxbury, New York milk at Rite-Aid and snacks at Walgreens to take home like Lenny and Larry's Complete Cookies. Each huge, 2-serving size cookie has 32 grams of protein. But at 200 calories per serving, I am careful to only eat half a cookie (for 16 grams of protein) most mornings. Many protein bars are not palatable, but Lenny and Larry make soft, tasty cookies. I often buy them 3 for $5 so they are not as expensive as those chalky, uneatable protein bars.
Surprisingly, I'm not a fan of their chocolate-chocolate chip cookie, but brownie lovers will like it. To me, they taste under baked, which is the reason I dislike brownies. Too doughy and undone.

My favorite Lenny and Larry cookies are the peanut butter chocolate chip followed by snickerdoodle -- both excellent paired with a morning cup of coffee.
A drugstore snack I'm addicted to, but only let myself bring home as a once in a while treat, is Duane Reade/Walgreen's Nice Tex Mex Snack Mix, which I could eat until it comes out of my ears! It's a standard snack mix several companies make, and I'm happy Walgreens (which I can walk to) carries it. Do you know, I once in a great while (not often, yet have been known to) eat Tex Mex Snack Mix for breakfast. Because. I know it's in the house!

What's that you say? Fortunately I can't hear you.

Like most addicts, I know it's not the most low calorie, nutritious snack I could eat. I know without checking, it contains loads of fat, salt (and spices!), but I'm addicted, and like with any addiction, sometimes I must make a late night drugstore run to get my fix. Sooo ... talk to the hand while I munch!珞

Do you have any favorite drugstore snacks?


You may also enjoy:
All About Apples
Healthy Oscar Night Munches   
Five "Better For You Candies
What Foods Are Always In Your Refrigerator?

No comments:

Post a Comment