Thursday, July 11, 2019

Sandals Made For Walking

In New York City we have no choice but to walk a lot. Even when using public transportation, it's common to walk 10, 15, 20 blocks after getting off at your stop. Concrete is hard on shoes and feet. Shoes wear out fast, and so will your feet if you don't wear the proper footwear on hard city pavement.🍎

Here's a confession: I dislike wearing sandals on city streets, but I do own them, and they are a key in surviving this big Hot Town, Summer In the City. Nonetheless, an entire day of walking will dry out and dirty my little tootsies!🙁 So for days of constant walking, I wear hybrid sandals -- closed toe shoes with sandal-like openings, so I'll include them as an option also.

In my experience sandals must have 2 functions to help you avoid foot problems:

1) Have good arch support;

2) Stabilize your heels.
-----------------------------------
3) And they must be cute because you won't wear them otherwise.

Here are my picks of the Best Sandals Made for Walking:
(Not in any order)

1) Women's Ecco Yucatan Sandals - above image - They come in various colors, but the multi-colored ones are my favorite. Well-made, real leather upper and rubber sporty soles that support your arches and stablize your heels, check!
2) Merrell Jacardia Sandals - Any of Merrell's sandals could be on my list. This seems to be this year's edition. Merrell keeps the same basic foot-bed construction of their sandals, but the styles will change. So if you find last season's collection at TJ Maxx, consider buying them for less. With leather upper and man made supportive soles, mine (from 2 years ago) have a thicker, stable, leather heel like the top Ecco pair, yet still look new. So they are durable!
3) Teva Tirra Athletic Sandals - Usually I prefer leather uppers, yet these have a textile upper and sole. However, thousands of customers consistently give them 5 stars, and those reviewers can't all be wrong. Sturdy and well-made, with arch support and stable heels. In tons of colors too.
4) Clarks Morse Tour Sandals - A family owned shoe company that specializes in causal supportive walking shoes, so their sandals are no different. Comes in stone (an off-white), black or brown. One look says the sandal is made for walking on concrete as it's built to buffer your feet from the pounding.
5) Baretraps Solaura Sandals - Another retailer with a variety of super cute styles that offer arch support, stable heels and shock absorbing footbeds. It wasn't easy to pick just one!
6) JBU by Jambu Wild Flower - Technically these are Mary Jane shoes, but I walk all over the city in them while other people are wearing sandals. My feet stay comfortable and clean, so I love them. My 1st pair were in the color charcoal, replaced by denim. They also come in red and black, as well as, other designs. Some people buy them in every color. I tend to buy one neutral hued pair at a time to go with everything. The charcoal pair lasted for 2 summers of constant walking. Initially I worried they looked too juvenile, but I get too many compliments to care! 
These stylish sandals will support feet in all the right places, plus make the extra job of polishing your hoofs worth the effort! As a bonus the sales on summer sandals should begin soon! 


You may also enjoy:
The Shoe That Grows 
Rosweeta: A Fairy Tale
Consider The Shape Of Your Foot
Finding Shoes For Discarning Feet

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Debbie,
    Love my (our!) Teva sandals we always wear when biking and walking.
    They indeed are perfect.
    Happy weekend and hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all these sandals, but do not see similar ones here. We sandals about 9 months of the year, and I have a collection of fashion as well as othotic sandals. I wear Mary Janes a lot too as I get older, and really like the Jambu Wild Flowers. I missed this post, have been a bit busy and not online so much.

    ReplyDelete