Thursday, October 8, 2020

Plaid and Checkerboard Plaid For Fall 2020



Flannel shirts are a fall wardrobe staple and this year is no exception. I'm reading that checkerboard plaid is trendy. Where have fashion editors been? Plaid, including checkerboard plaid, has never gone out of style. I have a couple of checkerboard plaid shirts and jackets decades old. Truth! Classics never date, and good quality clothing outlasts the latest trends!

In their new fall catalogs, both Lands' End and L.L. Bean are offering a wide section of colors in plaid flannel shirts, tunics and jackets. The quality and style of the two competitors are hair-splitting similar. Lands' End seems to host more money-saving promotions while L.L.Bean has expanded its inventory to include plaid hoodies, dresses and bathrobes.



I have clothing and all-weather shoes from both companies. Sometimes one offers a better price, at other times the other merchant has a color left in my size. A double selection from 2 retailers always works in a customer's favor. Between the 2 there are many colors and washable fabrics! I've picked a few of my favorites: The top 4 plaids are from Lands' End, the bottom 4 plaids are L.L. Bean offerings. Tomatoes, tomaytoes all comfy and cozy!

Like flannel fabric, plaid, including checkerboard plaid, is this fall's "new" tried and true trend. Do you need to replace a wardrobe staple?


You may also enjoy:

4 comments:

  1. Yes, a plaid shirt is always nice in the wardrobe. I particularly like the L.L. Bean one in the upper left, with the purple in the plaid. Very nice. My husband loves a check or plaid - so much that he has them for Winter, Summer, and in between!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, I, too, like the addition of blues, purples and green plaids.

      I have 2 oversized Woodridge Wool shirts in checkerboard plaids I like to wear with t-shirts, leggings and Ugg boots. On a visit home, my old fashioned, German mother said it looked like I was going hunting, not out to see friends. She wanted me to change into slacks or jeans. But I was warm, cozy and happy in my attire and they stayed on. Plus they are easy to pack for a trip. I still have them in my closet today! Shows no signs of wear and outlasted many trends.

      Delete
    2. I know someone who is a patternmaker. She would say that the patternmakers at the factory where these were made really knew their stuff; the matching is impeccable.
      I love L.L. Bean and Lands End.
      Theresa in Tucson

      Delete
    3. Welcome to the blog, Theresa!

      When I 1st moved to NYC I was befriended by a man whose girlfriend was a patternmaker in the garment district. A competitive, stressful industry, very good salary though. (She was also an excellent cook and hosted many of our Thanksgiving dinners. Unfortunately they left NYC after years of being here.) I so agree with you about loving L.L. Bean and Lands' End. I have the Storm Chasers L.L. Bean snow boots and may never have to buy another pair. Happy to get your approval of the shirts too!

      Delete