Monday, October 12, 2020

Rain Trousers are The Bomb

L.L.Bean TEK O2 3L Storm Pants

I don't know why, but, every year on the day I have to walk across Central Park from the Upper Eastside to the Upper Westside of Manhattan for an eye exam, there's always a monsoon downpour. I mean I make the appointment months in advance and it's not always the same time of the year, but on the day I must go, the rain never relents!

Until I moved to New York City without a car, I never thought about just how wet a person can get walking in a storm! Certainly, I dislike wet trousers, legs, socks, and feet, so after years of going to work on a rainy day and sitting damp for hours afterwards, I bit the bullet to buy the final piece of my rain gear trio ... an expensive pair of rain trousers. They are not much of a fashion statement unless you're aiming for a bag lady look, but I don't mind ... I love them!

Today I had my eye doctor appointment and sure enough, it's been raining all day long. But guess what, readers? I returned home dry as if I'd stayed indoors, including my leggings, socks and shoes. Not a drop of moisture after removing my outerwear!

My pricey rain pants go over my leggings (or trousers). Three layers of specially constructed nylon, called TEK O2 L3, keep the rain out! Interior gaiters keep moisture out of my Merrell's Waterproof Comfort Mocs. Zippers and Velcro let me adjust the legs of the pants to fit over shoes or boots.

Since I'm very happy with my Uniqlo Blocktech moisture wick coat, I didn't buy the matching L.L.Bean's TEK O2 3L Storm Jacket. The Uniqlo Blocktech coat is only supposed to be rain-resistant, but I don't get wet wearing it. I love the L.L.Bean jacket too, but it looks more casual than my versatile Uniqlo Blocktech coat that I always wear as a raincoat. If I can save by using what I already have, great!

The rain pants, however, are the bomb and worth every penny!



You may also enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, rain trousers! We have so little rain here, we never see anything like that. As the weather gets colder, you will get a lot of use from your rain gear, and I am thinking it might work well for snow as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Trish, they are useful in cold, wet weather too. You can layer clothing underneath the pants, yet don't boil in warmer temperatures minus the layers. I think more versatile than rain trousers made only for the cold weather.

      Little downpours of rain? I'm liking Australia more and more! :)

      Delete