Tuesday, October 20, 2020

What Beauty Buys Am I Using Right Now?


Over time I've tried to switch over to more natural or organic beauty products. I use the word "natural" skeptically. We must always read labels and research commodities carefully to make sure the word isn't just a marketing gimmack but truly reflects purer ingredients in the ointments we rub into our skin.

Another aim is to spend less money on the personal care items we use daily. If quality is nearly the same with similar results, cheaper is always better! Over time the savings really add up!  And it goes without saying, we want to focus on products that really work because they have the science behind them! Let's also strive to not layer on too many elixirs, another way of washing cash down the drain. The goal of keeping beauty routines simple to save time and get out of the bathroom faster is smart also!

Here are personal care items I'm using right now that meet the criteria: 

For the Face --

Day

1) The Ordinary Buffet - a mix of effective anti-aging peptides. 

2) The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% - a high potency antioxidant and skin brightener. 

3) Walgreens Baby Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen - the #1 preventer of aging skin you can buy.

Night

4) Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Regenerating Cream With Retinol Fragrance-Free

5) Azure Hemp & Retinol Sleep Mask - This I alternate with #4 whenever my face feels dry.

For the Body --

1) BuyBuy Baby Powder with pure cornstarch - A generic bath powder from Bed, Bath & Beyond. The cornstarch replaces talc because in the USA, you can't buy talc anymore. Since the pandemic, I apply baby powder on my face under my mask because I'm not wearing makeup. (Tinted face powder tints my mask which looks ugly!)

2) Puritan's Pride Coconut Oil - I use it after a shower to lock in moisture! The company makes coconut oil for the body, but I buy the food-grade coconut oil -- one oil to use in both the kitchen and bathroom. Done!

3) Botanical + Herbal Help Body Lotion - Containing tea tree and verbena oils, I use it as a hand or body cream. It's from T.J. Maxx and I buy their ever-changing array of lotions from Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Korea, and exotic California.🙂

For the Hair --

SheaMoisture and Renpure💕💥 all the way! I switch up the formulas regularly. Right now I'm using ...

1) Repure Extra Strength Coconut Cream Shampoo

2) SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo

3) SheaMoisture Kukui Nut & Grapeseed Oils Conditioner

4) SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Conditioner

Both brands are from long-time manufacturers of good, clean, organic ingredients for the hair at drugstore prices.

So these are the beauty buys in my bathroom right now. Simple, clean, inexpensive and they work! ✔✔✔✔


No comments:

Post a Comment