Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Dior Spring/Summer 2021 Collection


Dior is launching their 2021 Spring/Summer Collection into their boutiques as I type, and although I don't buy Dior as I can't justify spending thousands of dollars on a single bag, hoodie or pair of sneakers, certainly I love and am inspired by the new lookbook of Dior's top-notch designs + craftsmanship. The new collection is feminine, super chic and gorgeous! 
Frankly if I were to buy a Lady Dior bag, it would be the practical and versatile medium black leather with black hardware Lady Dior. Still I love the fabric choices in the new patterns with embroidery as well. For the money, the Lady Dior bags in this collection come with the guitar strap that usually is purchased separately, so at least you "save" (i.e., it's all relative people!) on the strap. The strap alone costs about $800+ and perhaps for the very 1st time, it comes with the bag ... in the matching pattern.

As you, my darlings can see, the new patterns with embroidery are a rich leopard brown print that Dior is calling Mizza and Blue Toile de Jouy, named "technical fabric" by the designer. They are sold as apparel and accessories. 

I can't decide which pattern is cuter! My favorite items are the hooded anoraks (and yet for my $4,000, I would require them to be cashmere topped with waterproofed materials. They are polyester.); the backpack; the perfectly fitted jacket; the leopard sneakers, the modern trench coat (below👇) ... and of course, the Lady Dior bags ... OMG, which pattern would I get??? 
Not all the new pieces in the Spring/Summer 2021 Collection have dropped yet, there's even more to come to the stores during the month. 
Oblique Trench Coat
Without a doubt, the new Dior collection makes eyeballs happy and wallets a little sad. Sans deep pockets, we'll need to find inspired articles of good quality elsewhere. Look, admire, rollick in the Dior shop ... and only splurge on what you can afford!


You may also enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love both the leopard and the toile! I'll have one of everything, he he. Very nice for inspiration - I just remembered a cloth tote bag in just such a leopard print - might give it an excursion tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take the leopard print in the sneakers and tote. And the toile in my 2nd tote and clothing! In other words, Trish, me too! :)

      Delete