Friday, April 29, 2022

Hermès Bolide - A Cheaper Hermès Bag

Let's get something straight: 1) Luxury buys are expensive material things we want but don't need; 2) Sometimes what we covet makes no sense to others; and 3) Different strokes for different folks: One category of pricey things can make us happy while others have little emotional pull on us. Why? Using myself as an example, why does jewelry give me joy over designer handbags or designer clothes? Oh, I could guess the reason: My father liked jewelry and on weekend errands downtown, we'd look in jewelry store windows and pick our favorites, and I sometimes got jewelry as birthday or graduation gifts, but I also hear that turkeys are attracted to and flock around shiny objects, so perhaps I'm more like a turkey than I care to admit.😀😁😂 

In honor of my father (and my) pastime, I'll show you a gorgeous diamond necklace I can only dream about buying. The stones are fancy-cut diamonds and depending on the quality of the stones likely cost over $1 million (all the diamonds must be carefully selected to match in color, clarity, and size) and it isn't its owner's favorite or most expensive necklace. It is my favorite of her necklaces, oh, yeah! I think the reason I'm posting it on the blog is so I can return here to look at it once in a while. A picture like diamonds is forever.😍 


If Hermes handbags are what attract you, but you don't want to mortgage your house, have I got a budget-friendly tip for you! There are plenty of Bolide Hermes handbags that are in excellent condition on the pre-loved market.

Whether vintage or reissues, all Hermès handbags are handmade unlike Chanel or Louis Vuitton, or a slew of other designer bags, which often are factory-made. The quality of Hermès bags is unmatched. 

As bag mavens know, Hermes Birkins tend to increase their value on the resale market due to demand and how impossible the brand makes it to walk into a retail store to buy one. 

The Hermes Bolide is a lesser-known style to the public. It has the same top quality, yet not the status of a Birkin or Kelly. If you are interested in the caliber of a bag over its status, a Hermes Bolide is an excellent, under-the-radar choice, and for this reason, costs far less.

Sometimes called the Bolide 23, the style is the earliest design of Emile-Maurice Hermes (first sold in 1923). Inspired by his visits to Henry Ford's automobile factories in North America, it was reported to be a gift for his wife who desired a handbag to carry on car rides. Moreover, Hermes saw how zippers were used for the removable rooftops of Ford automobiles, so he adopted this feature for the Bolide, patenting his innovation, which is now common. At the time, Hermes was known only as a leather goods, not a luxury bag merchant, and the Bolide 23 bags with their staller craftsmanship have endured through the years of its reissues.

The Bolide 23 is made of box leather, the original skin in Hermes's leather shop. Box leather is a rich, glossy cow's skin that holds its shape and color with proper care. If mishandled, it will scratch and isn't waterproof. Through the decades 6 sizes were produced: mini, 27 cm, 30 cm, 31 cm, 35 cm, and its original travel bag size 45 cm. The Bolide has 2 handles, a shoulder strap (and a key with clochette on the 4 largest sizes). This classic bag comes in neutrals and an array of colors.

Also, know that costing less than a Birkin or Kelly doesn't mean cheap. Nonetheless, the price is a sum many people with jobs can save up to buy unlike the $12,000 - infinity Birkins. Plus the 2nd hand market lets you avoid the Hermes retail store games of buying other merchandise before being offered a handbag. That alone is cheaper and priceless! Since the Bolide is under the radar, you'll find a reasonable price on the resale market. Customers also like carrying a bag that's understated and not as recognizable as the Kelly or Birkin.

Meanwhile, I love that stunning fancy-cut diamond necklace so much, I'd wear it anywhere and everywhere if I could afford and justify buying it. Definitely, it wouldn't stay in a box!🔹😎




You may also enjoy:

4 comments:

  1. I love the diamond necklace too. The variation of shapes is really interesting, and it would look nice worn with just about anything. Meanwhile, I do not think I have ever seen a Hermes bag! But they do look amazing, including the Bolide. People here have become very casual in their dressing during Covid, and one can feel conspicuous for wearing a nice outfit and accessories. Weird, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we are kindered spirits, Trish. We'd have to share the necklace if we could borrow it. I may do a blog on 5 of my favorite royal jewelry pieces since royal families have such magnificant pieces -- most of which is so conspicuous they don't wear it outside of royal weddings or state dinners. What I love about the fancy diamond necklace is an ordinary (very rich!) person could wear it. You'd have to be a Queen the very big stones as you'd be so overdressed among everyone else, it would be ridiculous! I tell you, I like casualness too. It's so much less work! COVID has taught us, we can fuss less and survive, I guess. :)

      Delete
    2. Opps, left out a words: You'd have the be a Queen to wear the very big stones (meaning huge pieces of jewelry) or you'd be so overdressed compared to other ordinary people attending ordinary events -- but I think you could get away with wearing the fancy diamond necklace although people would notice it!

      Delete
  2. I lik hermes bag, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete