Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Let's Look At Blake Lively's Met Gala Dress 2022

Photo: Vogue
After 2 years of Covid, it's back! And ... Blake Lively's Met Gala 2022 gown, designed by Versace Atelier, was the talk of the night. It was my favorite too, so let's take a closer look. As Blake explained to the press, New York architecture especially The Statue of Liberty, was the inspiration for creating her dress, which is why the dress unfolded into two colors, going from copper to green.
Photo: Yahoo
I live within walking distance of the Metropolitan Museum of Art but have never been able to catch a glimpse of the celebrities making their entrances up the stairs because Vogue magazine, the organizer of the gala, puts up huge tents, preventing the public, as well as, the tenants who live above and across the stree
from the Met along 5th Avenue from seeing it, a course of action I find baffling. Why deprive us of the thrill, Anna Wintour? What is gained? 

Though I know I'll never receive an invitation to attend, it won't stop me from playing the game of picking out a dress. If I could own any dress from this year's gala it would be ... drum roll, please ...
Daisy Edgar-Jones
Also a Versace, it's understated with sparkles. For me, myself and I, I'd always want a dress that doesn't require people to follow me around arranging it ... because I don't have any people.😁 If I got more ambitious with yards of fabric, including a train, maybe friends who wanted to attend the gala would for one night, act as my people???

Of course, celebrities who attend the Met Gala are working ... there to be seen and photographed as opposed to just having fun. Perhaps they manage to do both. I don't know as I never get invited, plus from the outside, my Jane Q. Public's view gets blocked ... sheesh!


You may also enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment