Monday, February 20, 2023

A Relaxed Oversized Fit For 2023

Photo: Esquire magazine
If you wonder what's in store for Spring/Summer 2023 ... designers, runways, and magazine covers are embracing a relaxed oversized fit in fashion, and to be honest I'm not on board with it from head to toe. 
Hey with this trend's yard of extra fabric, you'll only get one outfit in a suitcase.😁
Frankly, I dislike wearing a lot of layers, bulk, or weight. Not only do I like fitted tops, bottoms, and outerwear but I'm also a matchy, matchy gal. Not a tight fit, loose is not the same as oversized.

Right - Refinery 29, , middle - Gucci, left - Editorial List
That said, there's usually a way to adopt aspects of a trend into your wardrobe if you wish. For me, it will not be with an oversized pair of trousers, but a relaxed oversized shirt paired with slender jeans or leggings is super stylish. Baggy pants just aren't me. If I oversized both the top and bottom halves, I'd feel swallowed up by my clothes. When passing, people might yell out, hey is anybody in there!?! Or do you need a rescue? A rope to climb out of the suit that captured and is holding you hostage?!πŸ˜‚

Thankfully in our modern day, everybody doesn't have to adhere to one, inflexible standard, and people can embrace their own style. 

Baggy, um slouchy is coming our way! Do you like oversized clothes?


You may also enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment