Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Plastic Food Containers To Repurpose

I have a set of Rubbermaid and a European brand of food storage containers, but the plastic containers I grab most often to store leftover food in the refrigerator or freezer I get for free when buying food. Who knew? Also with the free containers, I don't worry about losing them if I take food to a cookout. 
 
 I bought Healthy Choice frozen entrees for my mother and discovered the plastic bowls they come in are non-stick and perfect for microwaving 2-egg omelets. The eggs cook well and slide right out with less cleanup because you can eat the omelet out of the same bowl. If you wish to wash and reuse the bowl, it's easy too because cooked eggs and cheese don't stick!

Gosh, I bought a silicone microwave omelet dish that doesn't work as well. Without greasing, everything sticks to it. 

By the way, Healthy Choice dinners are as close to homemade-tasting meals as you can get readymade at a reasonable price. For seniors who tend to eat less, they are the perfect portion. Not a bad lunch size for hungrier people either. Sometimes I add more meat or vegetables to them, which is also an option.
Another container I repurpose is what you get when buying peanut butter from a Health Food store or Chinese Food. If needed, you can also buy them from Amazon. Bar none, they are my favorite storage containers. Good to store half a cut onion or tomato, cheese, leftover soup or beef stew, etc. They are durable and can be washed to use time and again. The 16 oz size is perfect! Stackable in the freezer also.

The Rubbermaid containers don't get half the use. In a do-over, I would make do with repurposing the free containers which is also good for the planet.


You may also enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment