Sunday, August 16, 2026

Lambrusco Is A Refreshing Summer Wine


A guilty pleasure of mine is having a glass of red wine with a cheese-and-cracker platter on many summer Sunday nights for dinner. I could eat cheese until it comes out of my ears ... but don’t. Portion control in the interest of a healthy weight!

When I mentioned to a friend I had never tasted Lambrusco, my friend bought me a bottle of it! Thank providence for friends; they stretch you out of your comfort zone.

Lambrusco is a lightly sparkling (frizzante) red wine primarily from Italy’s Emilia-Romagna and Lombardy regions, made from a family of ancient grape varieties. The bottle my friend gave me is dark red, balanced, fruity, and slightly sweet (yet dry, not a sweet wine).

Tonight I’m drinking a glass of Italian Lambrusco with New York Extra Sharp Cheedar Cheese and Swiss cheese with American whole grain crackers. Some fruit too. Delish!

What a perfect summer Sunday night dinner!🍷

You may also enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment