Sunday, April 28, 2013

Is It One Space, Not Two?

Photo: The Unpaid Marketer
THE SAVVY SHOPPER needs to break a bad habit. Starting right now! Look at past posts. Most of the time, I use two spaces after a period to separate sentences. That was correct at one time, but with the arrival of computers and more fonts than we know what to do with, it no longer is. And to tell you the truth, I've been struggling with the question for a while. This morning I decided to check several sources for correctness. All say one space only. If you'd like an explanation, go here.

It takes repetition to replace an old habit with a new one. But starting today, I'm on it! Want to play a game? Going forward, let's see how many times I slip-up.
Computer
You may also enjoy:
The Story Of English, A Review
Guilty Pleasure Songs
Happy 4th Birthday To THE SAVVY SHOPPER
Blogging Woes: A Bad Thing Can Lead To A Good Thing

2 comments:

  1. It's a good blog- even if you have extra spaces (or not). Formatting and style are vastly over-rated; you have good content, so that's what's important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Barry: Thanks. I'm glad you're a content man, since sometimes I don't know how to handle commas either.

    ReplyDelete