|New at The Body Shop.|
I live in a small Manhattan apartment. One Christmas I recived a fake fireplace with a fake log from relatives who live in a big house in the suburbs. There was nothing special about it, nor do I ever recall wanting one. And, since it didn't function, out in the trash it went a short time later.
Why spend money on items with no purpose? How disappointing! Better to give nothing at all. I don't know, perhaps my relations were regifting? ... or just made a mistake. (By the way, they don't read the blog, but maybe they should. :)
A thoughtful holiday gift isn't always expensive; however it should be something you'd be happy to get. Here are ten ideas to consider:
1. The Body Shop Color Crush Nail Polish for her - Enriched with Community Free Trade marula oil and safe ingredients. Long lasting, bright nail color in over 24 shades. Plus, The Body Shop has attractive holiday skin care and grooming kits for men, women and the entire family.
2. Razor Kick Scooter - Perfect for kids of all ages. A sleek design and sturdy construction. I see at least one adult rider on the city streets each week, and it sure looks like a fun way to get around.
3. The Art of Shaving: The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave - A unique blend of 100% essential oils for him. Great for sensitive skin. The kit includes pre-shave oil, shaving cream, after shave and a shaving brush. Travel and full sizes are available.
4. A BasTexWireless Case for a smart phone - The above Hard Knuckles Bumper model in metallic silver for an iPhone 5 sells for $4.99. There is a design and color to fit most every personality and cell phone.
5. A Craft Beer Brewing Kit - Everything a person needs to begin making beer at home. It's rewarding to learn a new hobby. A chance for the giftee to impress friends with delicious homemade beer. Who knows? You, the giver, might get invited to a beer tasting.
6. French Girl Organic - Lip Tints - A nourishing lip balm containing organic oils, butters and wax to keep lips moist and chap-free, in subtle earth tone tints.
7. Pearl jewelry - From earrings, rings, bracelets or necklaces, there's a price point for every budget. A forever keepsake. You can't go wrong with pearls and silver or gold. Freshwater pearls are lovely just like their flawless siblings. Do your research before choosing. Macy's, a department store with knowledgeable buyers and a wide selection, is a good place to start.
8. Shea Moisture Soap - This whole product line of skin, body and hair care is the best kept secret in the beauty industry. Fabulously budget-friendly and available at Target, Walgreen and Bed, Bath And Beyond. Made with certified organic ingredients. The huge-sized soaps are excellent for pampering dry and sensitive skin. None better!
9. English Toffee - Chocolate, nuts and butter toffee, not to mention a mouthwatering crunch! Lots of sizes and brands are packaged in holiday boxes and tins. Makes a festive presentation.
10. A gift certificate - To a favorite store is always a thougthful present, in my opinion.
Normally, adults get fewer gifts, so make yours count! What are your gift ideas?
You may also enjoy: