|Photo: © Barbara Rolek on About.com, Inc.|
2 sticks butter, soften (= 1 cup)
1 cup sugar
2 egg yolks (Unless I'm also making coconut macaroons, I just use one whole egg.)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopper walnuts (or pecans)
1/2 cup strawberry preserves
1) Add and mix the first four ingredients (one at a time) in a large bowl using an electric mixer until a dough forms.
2) Fold in the nuts.
3) Spread half the batter evenly into the bottom of a greased 8 inch square cake pan.
4) Spoon the strawberry preserves on top, avoiding the edges.
5) Top with the remaining batter, covering the preserves.
6) Slide the pan into a preheated oven. Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour or until lightly brown.
Take out of the oven. Allow to cool before cutting into 2 inch squares to serve. I like to sprinkle the top with confectionery sugar.
You may also enjoy:
My Best Bean Soup
The Goodness Of Peanut Butter
Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
How To Make Laduree Macaroons ... A La Paris