Thursday, May 3, 2018

Preventers of Woe: Food Savers & Sink Sani Sticks

At times inexpensive household helpers can make our lives simple. Troubleshooting waste and sink buildups before they occur saves time, steps and a few bucks in the long run. I will call these items ... 

Preventers of Woe:

1) A sheet of fenugreen paper is said to keep fruits and vegetables mold-free for 2-4 times longer. Fenugreen is a legume, which is similar to a peanut. So it is a natural way of preserving produce. Provided you don't have a peanut allergy, line the refrigerator crisper drawer with a sheet of it to stop berries, lettuce, tomatoes and peaches from spoiling too soon.

I have been layering my crisper drawers with sheets of paper towels along with an open box of baking soda in an effort to keep my fruits and vegetables fresh a tad longer, not knowing if my method truly works. This product is more of a sure bet. Consumer Reports ran a test. Fenugreen paper preserved strawberries a few days longer when stored in their original package inside a refrigerator. The sheets are cheap and reusable! $5-$6 depending on store. Ordered!
2) Sink Sani Sticks - Drop a Sani Stick of non-chemical enzymes down your bathroom sinks (or kitchen sink) once a month to keep drains flowling. I am careful to keep food and grease out of my kitchen sink, but use Sani Sticks in the bathroom as I wash moisterizers, coconut oil, argon oil and makeup off my face. Toothpaste, shampoo and hair conditioner goes down the bathroom drain also. 

Often while standing in line to pay at Bed, Bath & Beyond, someone will ask me if they really work. I think they do. The enzymes seem to stop oils from lotion and conditioners from clogging the drains. Sani Sticks won't dissolve hair. For that I unscrew a portal (easy, peasy) to remove hair from the drains ocassionally. My apartment super did it for me for years, but after watching him several times, it was a task I learned to do for myself.

Two cheap products to avoid bigger problems. Simple life free from strife. What Preventer of Woe helpers do you buy?


You may also enjoy:
Gadgets For A Small Space
Shelve Helpers To Organize
The Doctors' Home Remedies
DIY Rich Soothing Hand Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment