Tuesday, September 24, 2019

NARS & NUDESTIX For Everyday Wear

Nudes are popular for a reason. Wear them to look natural, yet polished ... like yourself only better. Most of my makeup falls into the nude camp. The attraction is intense! At times I buy a lipstick ... in what I think is a beautiful new shade ... get it home only to discover I own one that is nearly a dead ringer. A gorgeous nude has that kind of power over me: Sitting on a shelve in a shop looking so gorgeous, I'll buy it again! (However I'm watching this tendency and am committed to finishing what I have before bringing more home.:)

Nudes are for everyday wear, and what I like most: A nude color palette is low maintenance compared to bold, bright colors like reds or pinks. Nudes will still look great 8 hours later. You won't have to touch up your makeup as often. Enhance your features using nudes and forget about it.

The new Makeup Your Mind NARS palette is a collection of nudes with pizazz. There's sparkle and shimmer in the shades. The nude palette consists of: 3 blushes, 8 eye shadows and a simmering bronzing powder. All are blendable for high impact looks. At $49 (at NARS), it's a worthy splurge.
If looking for a handy, dandy lip color kit, it's here. NUDESTIX just dropped one that includes 3 highly pigmented lip+cheek pencil-crayons: one matte, one cream, and one gel. Containing a super moisturizing formula without stickiness, they come in a sleek mini tin with a mirror and a sharpener. When reasonably priced, I will buy a mini set of an otherwise pricey brand. If not overpriced, you appreciate how the minis fit conveniently into a purse. (But if a ripoff, make space to carry a full size, or find a knockoff brand). Cost of the lip/cheek kit: $25.

When it comes to makeup don't go naked, go nude!




You may also enjoy:
Join The Revolution Of Makeup
The Best Lip Color Brands Under $10  
Let's Talk: What's In Your Makeup Bag?
A Stop At Henri Bendel's NARS Counter

7 comments:

  1. Dearest Debbie,
    Never have fallen for such multi-color boxes of makeup.
    KISS = Keep It Sweet & Simple is my motto, find one good color, close to natural and stick with it.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mariette,

      I don't look at how women buy, or wear makeup as "falling for something;" nor remaining simple as the only best look, necessary. I see lots of women, who have the talent for creating different looks having fun doing so ... and what's the harm of it?

      Basically I apply my own makeup one way every morning , and it is a nude, more natural look. However, a professional makeup artist once did my face for me, and I realized I was limiting myself: I could look different ways ... more glamorous (one day), sultry, (another day), or model perfect if I (or more likely a professional makeup artist) put in the effort. :) It was eye opening and fun! So I now get why many women play around with makeup and change up their looks. Makeup is not a serious enough subject for there to be one, single, right practice in my humble opinion. It's what women value and desire to do.

      Delete
    2. Good for you dearest Debbie and it is at least BIG BUSINESS! πŸ’‹

      Delete
  2. Have always believed that experimenting w/makeup is like playing w/finger paints for us big girls. Makes you feel like a kid again. I, also, tend toward natural/naturally enhanced shades for daytime. In the evening, I bump up the blush, the eye makeup, a bolder eyebrow and a brighter lipstick. As in life, it's all about balance. Of course, as a professional Image Consultant for many years, I had to know how to apply makeup for my clients for every day and special occasions. I studied under a wonderful makeup artist whose work I admired. The array of makeup products available today is amazing, and the quality for the money is just great.

    BTW, Nars is one of my favorite brands.

    Cheers, M-T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right on all points. Yes, balance and moderation in life is best. NARs is one of my favorite brands too.

      Delete
  3. I love everything about makeup, I like experimenting new things on my own. Whether it is for my hairdo, or eye makeup or anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi braddie granes,

      That makes you are kindred spirit. Welcome to THE SAVVY SHOPPER!

      Delete