Sunday, February 26, 2017

Pretty Oscar Dresses 2017

Nicole Kidman in Armani Prive and Ruth Negga in Valentino Haute Couture
Tracy Pollan (with Michael J Fox) in an unknown designer and Alicia Vikander in Louis Vuitton

I'm not going to lie. I'm having trouble picking out favorite dresses at this year's Academy Awards. I'm not a fan of the full skirted, antebeullum-que styles I'm seeing, and I don't like the slits down to an actress' belly button. (Can't a designer give a client a whole dress?😎) And ... with the big puff ball gown, are you wearing the dress, or is the dress wearing you? Nor am I seeing showstopper dresses this year. So with these remarks said, above are 4 of my favorites. What are yours?
A Zac Posen gown.
Nonetheless if you do go full skirted antibellum, have fun with it like Leslie Mann. She looks adorable in her Disney inspired princess gown! You still notice her lovely waist.

You may also enjoy:  
Oscar Looks For Less
Feast Your Eyes On Cobalt Blue
Favorite Red Carpet Oscar Dresses 2014  
Play-by-Play Complimentary Show Tickets

2 comments:

  1. Ah, here I was going through the Oscar gowns, and thinking much the same as you. Lots of them are....meh.... So far I have chosen Nicole, and the yellow full skirt, and maybe one of the red ones. I miss Angelina, and Cate - they always turned up in something new and spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying so, Trish. It's not just me then. A "wow" factor was missing this year. When you see it, you know it. And with top designers dressing the attendees, you expect it.

      Those full out skirts surround the body too completely. They remind me so much of the Nutcraker's character, Mother Ginger! Ocassionally, I liked a dress but didn't care for the shoulder or neckline. Most years I won't have selected the 1st dress (Nicole's) as a favorite because it's so straight, it hides her gorgeous figure, but this year, I had to choose something.

      Delete