Thursday, July 5, 2018

Suitcases, Umbrellas And Travel Organizers


With summer here, many of us will hit the road. Let's do a roundup of luggage and practical organizers to make leaving home a little easier: 

Biaggi Leggero 22" Foldable Spinner Carry on suitcase (top↑) is light, holds lots of stuff and folds up when not in use to store in a small space. With interior and exterior compartments.


Eagle Creek Cargo Hauler Duffel 45L - Many travelers prefer duffel bags that go into an overhead bend or under a seat. Lightweight, durable, and made of water repellent material with zip pockets to organize all your things.



LL Beam Ticket Organizer - Another weightless and slender travel accessory with oodles of slots and compartments to hold your ticket, boarding pass, identification and money.
Slimline Travel Umbrella - Compact from The Container Store, toss in a purse or jacket pocket. Strong when in use.
Case Elegance Vegan Leather Travel Jewelry Organizer -  I have reservations about this recommendation because rarely would I take jewelry on a vacation. The chances of it being lost, stolen or left behind are great since you are not at home or following your usual routine. When out-of-town, I wear one pair of earrings, a watch and inexpensive everything else. But sometimes you may need to be less cautious to spruce yourself up. This jewelry case is petite and should fit into a purse while protecting and organizing your extra rings, earrings, necklaces and pendents. 

Ziploc bags to keep toiletries, snacks, shoes and odds and ends organized. I don't buy special travel bottles or pouches for these items. Take your samples (what retailers give out for free) of makeup, soap, shampoo and hair conditioners in lieu of bottles or full sizes. After the goods are eaten or used, you can toss the Ziploc bags (as well as empty sample packets) to lighten your load!

Do you have a travel organizer to recommend?


You may also enjoy:
Gifts For Travelers +   
Stow And Go Travel Hats
What's Your Money Quirk?  
Booking Cheap Airfares Like A Pro

11 comments:

  1. Having just had a long trip, this post really interests me Debbie. The spinner is a new idea to me, folding up like that which could be very handy. As airlines continue to restrict weight, a lighter cabin bag is the way to go. The ticket organiser looks good too, and as I think I took too much on our latest trip, I need things like that to streamline the operation. While the jewellery organiser is dainty and pretty, who has time to put the earrings through the little holes, and thread on the rings, after a busy day and evening? Probably not I - I use a small jewellery holder where I can just pop them in and close it. Bought it in some Duty Free years ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back, Trish! Have enjoyed all the photos you posted while on your trip.

      I also missed you terribly when I blogged about Diana, Princess of Wales sapphire jewelry. I'd love to get your thoughts on that topic!

      I am wondering if you carry your jewelry holder in your handbag, or keep it back in your room on travels? I would be in a conundrum -- could be lost either way.

      As I get older, I take less and try to own loss. Less things, less worry! Simple life.

      Delete
    2. I will have to look for your post on the sapphires! I keep the jewellery holder in my cabin bag on the long haul flights, and lock in the safe in hotel rooms. On the occasion there is no safe, I lock in the suitcase when away from my room. Not a perfect solution, but I don't take precious jewellery when I travel. I have a few most posts to write on our trip - I wonder if everyone will still read them :)

      Delete
    3. Well definitely I will read them! I think your blogs are like mine, mostly not time sensitive and interesting whenever read. Now you’ve mulled over your trip and can better write them. I look forward to it!

      Delete
  2. Lots of great advice here, Debra. I would to love travel without good jewelry; however, wherever we go, we wrap our trips around the opera, which means I need dressy outfits and good jewelry. This jewelry case looks like something I would definitely pack.

    Cheers, M-T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes sense to dress up, including jewelry for your opera trips. Adds to the experience and memories. Plus everyone else is dressed up too. 💍 💎🎵

      Delete
    2. P.S.: Forgot to mention that I never travel w/out Zip Loc Baggies. They are a lifesaver in more ways than one. Perfect for everyday makeup bag (very light and see-through so you can see what you have at a glance) and when they are dirty, you just throw them away.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete
    3. I love them for the same reasons! Also the less you have to bring home and clean, the better!

      Delete
  3. Dearest Debbie,
    Well, we both have such a duffle back that can be worn as a back pack too but I doubt if this will be used much more since it is heavy. For Pieter's heart condition it is too much and as for me, without any gout problems I probably could do but not the same as such a lightweight spinner!
    I'm completely with you on leaving your jewelry safely at home! We don't want to flash it and risk theft or whatever and for good other reasons as you pointed out.
    Ziploc bags always come in handy and I have them always nearby in my carry on or back pack (my purse).
    Key is to travel light! I've always been very good at selecting the right clothes that are neither bulk nor heavy. Got often questions asked when being picked up for a conference; is this ALL?! Yes, I don't want to be my own enemy and having to lift it several times during a trip and it makes it also easier on all other handlers of our luggage.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariette, I completely agree. I don’t even care if I wear the same outfits over. Only that they are clean, so I’m sure to pack items that can be machine washed and dried. Or easily hand washed.

      I’m a carry on suitcase gal also.👍🙂

      Delete